ALG has a great opportunity for Assistant Station Manager, to join a well-established organisation based at Melbourne (Tullamarine) Airport. The position will give the successful candidate valuable exposure to the aviation industry, as well as a wide range of future career prospects.
This is a permanent-full time contract.
Some of the main responsibilities of the position are:
- Assist the Station Manager in planning, coordinating and implementing strategies to manage customers.
- Overseeing the operation and ensuring all areas are operating effectively.
- Supervise, coach, evaluate, support new and existing staff.
- Monitor operating costs, budgets and resources with a particular focus on man hours.
- Oversee GSE and fleet requirements in accordance with all state, federal and local airport requirements.
- Handle complaints from customers and staff.
- Create reports as directed by management team.
- Track the progress of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual objectives
- Conduct regular audits to ensure the operation is functionable with a particular focus on 'proactive' management instead of 'reactive' management.
- Ensure all safety programs and systems are implemented and managed with effectiveness
- Make sure all employees adhere to the company's policies and procedures
- Act as a company representative and set an example for staff and customers
The successful candidates possess the following attributes:
- A formal qualification in Aviation/Aeroskills is highly desirable.
- Extensive years of experience in Aviation industry.
- Good experience in providing administrative and operations support.
- Strong personality with the ability to command or communicate clearly, concisely and courteously.
- Available to work on weekend shift
- Demonstrate full compliance will all work rules and regulations.
- Full working rights in Australia
Eligible candidates that address the above criteria are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. For further information, please contact Kemp Ferraro at +61 7 3180 1475 (Mon-Fri 08:30-17:00 AEST)