Primary Location: UNITED STATES-TEXAS-LAUGHLIN AFB
Security Clearance: NAC-I
The Electrical Mechanic (ERRC) maintains and troubleshoots assigned engines/components at the highest quality and safety standards in accordance with applicable technical directives.
- Troubleshoot, test and repair engine electrical components.
- Perform operational checks utilizing applicable testing equipment on engine and test cell electrical components.
- Comply with all applicable contractual programs and regulations; i.e., tool, safety, security, HAZMAT, support equipment, housekeeping, and FOD prevention programs.
- Assist the Senior Mechanic, in coordination with the Training Manager and Division Foreman, with on the job training requirements.
- Accomplish paperwork entries associated with maintenance tasks and the ordering of parts.
- Maintain shop equipment and precision measuring tools.
- Conduct maintenance inspections of engine/component to ensure quality and completeness.
- Perform qualified tasks to disassemble, reassemble electrical components required to perform scheduled/unscheduled maintenance tasks in accordance with applicable technical directives.
- Must ensure all applicable PPE is worn when required.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Extensive knowledge of engine electrical/indicating systems.
- Ability to interpret and apply information on schematic diagrams, drawings and charts for fault isolation and repair of assigned systems and system subassemblies.
- Working knowledge of MIS, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand American English.
- Ability to maintain required Security Clearance.
Experience & Education
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in the repair of electrical systems is required.
- Previous experience troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical components on engines required.
- Prior experience on assigned engines is preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Night work may be required
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- No travel required