Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Looking after Cargo Operations, Irregularities, communicating with Outstations, providing guidance to the GHA in/out DXB…etc; liaise interline partners, liaise with FZ dispatch/NCC and DLCC team.
1. Report to Cargo Handling Supervisor and assist them in identifying critical sectors to optimize space and payload.
2. Ensure that Ground Handling Agent / Cargo Handling Agent, FZ staff and other service suppliers are fully briefed regarding FZ requirements and that they deliver them in a timely and efficient manner so that the cargo handling proceeds smoothly
3. Co-ordinate with GHA and ensure cargo is flown as booked and our customer service standards are maintained as per SLA agreed with GHA.
4. Deal with problems arising such as delays, disruptions, cargo mishandling and transfer of cargo to minimize misconnections and optimum utilization of aircraft capacity.
5. Investigate, prepare post flight reports and respond to queries, complaints and claims in order to restore customer confidence
6. Undertake various administrative functions including roistering of staff, assessing training needs and facilitate the generation of periodic report and statistical information.
7. Ensure the expeditious and accurate completion of all post flight activities including dispatch messages, forwarding documentation, and completion of station file so that down line operations can proceed smoothly.
8. Collate and compile the cargo documentation for cargo uplifted on flights in accordance with local regulations and company policies and procedures.
9. Liaise with government authorities such as Customs, Health or Police as required to ensure the effective movement of all cargo, courier and mail.
10. Liaise with office staff and perform office functions related to Sales and Reservation when required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
• 2+ years should be at cargo airline industry.
Knowledge / Skills
• Knowledge of MS Office applications.
• Must have completed relevant professional Cargo training courses such as Dangerous Goods Regulation, Special handling, Cool Chain, knowledge of Weight and Balance and loading of B737-800 aircraft would be added qualification.
• Knowledge of air cargo handling procedures, customs formalities and airline requirements holds a distinct advantage.
Certificate / License required
• Must hold Valid UAE Driving License or Dubai Airport Driving Permit
• Must be fluent in written and spoken English, knowledge of Arabic desirable.
• Dynamic and motivated candidate with good inter-personal skills and ability to develop and lead a team.
• Initiative and Commitment to Achieve
• Organising for Results
• Business Awareness
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Influence and Negotiation