Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The ‘IT Systems Engineer (Security & Cloud)’ would ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operations of the IT Infrastructure elements with a primary focus on systems that are hosted on private and public cloud infrastructure. He / she should be capable of setting the standards and processes for monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all cloud-hosted systems. He / she should also be well versed with the current industry best practices primarily from the security point of view and should know how to harden and continuously ensure security of the cloud infrastructure. The Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. He/she will also manage relationships with Windows and Linux operating system vendors and service providers.
1. Setting up and maintaining the security architecture, security processes and procedures for both on premise and Cloud Systems
2. Collect and analyse security requirements from internal customers; reconcile and remediate any conflicts with information security policies and standards.
3. Design, test, implement and monitor security solutions utilizing existing products in the security engineering portfolio: firewalls, proxy servers, intrusion detection/prevention, data loss prevention, anti-virus, anti-spam, vulnerability scanning, security information etc., or work with vendor partners to implement solutions as per the organization’s change management process and procedures
4. Setting up and managing cloud infrastructure such as AWS and Azure from scratch
5. Expert in AD and Windows and UNIX security
6. Plans for and implements operating systems changes or upgrades
7. Hardening of OS according to global industry standard
8. Manages installation, configuration, and ongoing maintenance for all server based software (Exchange, ISA, IIS, etc.)
9. Familiarity with databases and web programming languages and automation.
10. Strong working knowledge of storage environments (SAN, NAS)
11. Automation via scripting (Perl, Python, Shell)
12. Documents and communicates all changes and installations to change management and Help Desk
13. Expert in zero downtime maintainability
14. Deploy and Maintain management and Security Tools
15. Manages installation, configuration, and ongoing maintenance for all server based software (Exchange, ISA, IIS, etc.)
16. Troubleshoots operating systems and service related problems
17. Partner with Technical Architects to develop and maintain enterprise documentation and architecture network and security diagrams
18. Adhere to flydubai change management process and procedures for efficient use and handling of all resource changes (Hardware, software, service and data) to minimize the impact of Change-related faults.
19. ITIL/Project Management experience
20. Implement systems maintenance and management procedures and ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
• Advanced degree preferred: Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or similar discipline
• Relevant Microsoft Certifications (MCSA, MCSE, MCP etc)
• UNIX and Red Hat Certifications preferred
• Basic understanding of ITIL Principals and/or ITIL Foundation
• Certification PMP or Prince 2 is desirable
• Certified in one of the following - Security Professional (CISSP), Cert Info Systems Auditor (CISA), or Global Info Assurance Cert (GIAC)
• 8+ years’ experience in handling IT Infrastructure systems
• 5+ years’ experience in handling Systems Engineering
• 2+ years’ experience in Cloud Infrastructure
• Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of IT Infrastructure elements
• Working knowledge of Oracle Cloud is desirable
• Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting of Windows/UNIX/Linux based environments.
• Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Hyper-V)
• Experience in working with vendor’s technical team and doing projects/POCs with them
• Experience with encryption such PKI, AES or similar security related protocols
• Experience in working with Service Desk tools such as Manage Engine, Service Desk etc
• Experience with monitoring systems such as SCOM, Privilege Access Management, MDM, Solarwinds etc.
• Experience with automation software
• Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
• Good networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
• Expertise in using various monitoring, management, and capacity planning tools.
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Customer Focus
• Team work
• Effective Communication
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
• Strategic Thinking
• Business Acumen
• Inspiring & Developing others
• Decision Making