Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Responsible for development and continued production of business intelligence data to support informed optimisation and rectification activities. Highly data oriented, the role will consist of formulating and applying mathematical modelling and other methods to develop and interpret information that assists management with decision making, policy formulation and future strategy. In the absence of Manager Operational Efficiency & Analytics, act as the focal point within Flight Operations for analytical modelling and reporting capabilities.
- Conceptualise & create departmental analysis tools and techniques to drive data value.
- Plan, document and optimise software, interfaces and data exchange requirements with internal teams and external software vendors or interested parties. Automation and exception threshold alerting should be two key themes.
- Manage the implementation, planning and acceptance testing of data driven system adjustments, to ensure business continuity during any operational changes.
- Develop business methods and procedures using data based, model validated optimization methods. Communicate and manage the potential project roll out, ensuring stakeholder engagement and where necessary sign off.
- Ensure liaison & interaction with internal stakeholders across Commercial, Operations, Network Planning and Finance for continued data flows and project success.
- Ensure verification of annual budget figures compared to operational results. Assist the SME’s in conducting and completing root cause analysis and business impact assessments.
- Ensure that business intelligence supports core departmental tasks and projects.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive data dictionary, ensuring data streams, data validated differences and optimal use strategies are known per data tag.
- Seek optimisation of costs in all aspects of the role and related activities.
- Act as SME for Tableau software, Data Warehouse initiatives and BI software.
- Control data analysis, report generation, system data integration and reporting projects.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- University degree or equivalent. Preferred fields of Business/Mathematics/Operational Research or Transport Management.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a business analyst or operational researcher responsible for data analysis, interpretation, modelling and project proposals
Knowledge / Skills
- Expert Microsoft Office knowledge to specifically include Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Visio an advantage.
- Comfortable with Macros and complex formulas.
- Business Intelligence Tool experience is required – preferably with Tableau Software.
- Strong understanding of data modelling
- Practical experience of joining multiple large database sources and data transformation required.
- Operational Aviation/Air Traffic Management/Transport or logistics understanding is essential.
- Customer Focus
- Team work
- Effective Communication
- Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
- Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)