Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The primary responsibility for the role of Press Officer is to assist with raising the corporate profile of flydubai in its Russian speaking markets focusing on Russia, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan. Other responsibilities include strengthening our relations with target media and the ability to communicate information in a way that effectively engages with key stakeholders in line with flydubai’s business objectives. Other priorities include working effectively with other members of the PR team and PR agencies to protect and enhance flydubai’s reputation.
1. Write and edit corporate press releases and other press material to generate news coverage in Russian and English.
2. Establish, develop and maintain excellent relationships with target media to enhance flydubai’s reputation focusing on its Russian speaking markets.
3. Manage media enquiries to promote and protect flydubai’s reputation.
4. To take part in a managed out of hours duty rota to ensure 24-hour, 365-day service for handling all media enquiries.
5. Keep up to date with developments in the aviation industry, in particular for the Russian speaking markets, so as to be well informed about news priorities. Daily review of media monitoring.
6. To keep the PR team informed of breaking news in order to ensure consistency across the organization.
7. To work closely with the business to identify new stories and PR opportunities in support of business objectives.
8. To work closely with our PR agencies across the network to proactively plan ahead for announcements, media relations activity around events and launches in order to achieve maximum media coverage. Ensure that the agreed scope of work is delivered on time and to the standard we expect.
9. Assist with developing briefings, talking points, speeches, Q&As, positioning statements and holding statements for key spokespeople.
10. Provide media relations support at press conferences, seminars, events and familiarisation trips.
11. Maintain up to date media contact lists and the media database including media enquiry log.
12. Organise photo opportunities. Maintain photographic library of spokespeople, aircraft and other relevant imagery.
13. Work closely with the other members of the PR team to ensure that all activity is coordinated and the team is working efficiently and effectively.
14. Manage costs associated with PR and media relations activity across the network.
15. Assist with creatively identifying media, speaking and wider thought leadership opportunities in the Russian speaking markets.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• University degree in public relations, journalism or a related discipline
• 7+ years’ experience in journalism and/or public relations with 2+ years in a similar role
Knowledge / Skills
• Possess excellent written and verbal communications skills in Russian and English.
• Previous experience in the aviation or travel industries would be an advantage but is not essential.
• Previous experience of crisis communications would also be an advantage but is not essential.
• Customer Focus
• Team work
• Effective Communication
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)