Primary Location: MARSHALL ISLANDS-OCONUS
Security Clearance: CNACI
The Teacher - Elementary - Technology is responsible for implementing the school’s instructional program for Grades K through 6.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Maintains a classroom environment conducive to learning while teaching assigned subject or class according to adopted curricula and standards.
- Establishes a daily lesson plan following curriculum guidelines and adopted standards; prepares necessary materials; implements plan.
- Maintains student discipline and fosters positive relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Utilizes motivational tools and information technology to stimulate students.
- Maintains communication concerning individual progress with parents and school administration.
- Refers students for specialized help as required.
- Contributes to curriculum development and revision.
- Corrects assignments and evaluates student progress in timely fashion.
- Must participate in professional development activities as necessary to maintain licensure.
- Instruction in the classroom will be commensurate with the school’s stated philosophy, objectives and purposes.
- Cognizant of all rules and regulations in school handbooks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Human relation skills of the highest order are required to meet the needs of a diverse population.
- Requires initiative, perception and a broad knowledge of human behavior to understand the learning style of the individual students.
- Requires solid pedagogy in educational planning, instructional delivery, classroom management, and assessment.
- Requires knowledge and understanding of technology skills students grades K-6 need to develop.
- Requires general knowledge and understanding of computers and software used in the school and/or ability to learn quickly.
- Understands safety requirements for students using online services.
Experience & Education
- Zero (0) to two (2) years’ experience teaching in an accredited school system.
- Experience of three (3) years teaching in an accredited school system preferred
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a related discipline.
- Current teacher certification in one of the 50 United States for grade level or subject area.
- Additional endorsement to augment major certification area is desired.
- Advance placement certification preferred as applicable
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Position requires moderate lifting and bending.
- Required to monitor students indoors and sometimes outdoors in a hot and humid climate.
- Ability to keep up with children ages 5-12 years of age on a playground.