Security Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
The Network Manager Senior is responsible for the daily performance and availability of the organization's network. Analyzes and troubleshoots network performance issues to ensure the optimization of the network. Oversees the daily operations of network staff.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, integration and maintenance of automation systems.
- Analyze system functions and failures to isolate and define problem areas.
- Monitor the reachability of all connections within the network adhering to circuit restoral priorities and initiate troubleshooting to restore full network capability.
- Monitor system performance and track usage and develop and deliver a trend analysis of system load, usage and response.
- Analyze user traffic flow and recommend actions to assign users that communicate primarily with one group to the same router to remove traffic from the backbone links.
- Manage a router-based network consisting of three electrically and physically separate subnets.
- Manage IP addresses for numerous sites and adjust routing protocols to insure optimum performance.
- Provide on-site and telephonic technical services necessary to insure the continuing operation and optimization of the network.
- Perform diagnostic analysis of the network system, identify possible faulty devices, troubleshoot faulty modules, troubleshoot network problems and outages and prepare necessary documentation detailing actions taken.
- Maintain a system configuration database that will document all modifications to configuration changes of software or hardware.
- Analyze and prepare reports recommending additional network enhancements as they become apparent.
- Provide both individual and leadership activities to ensure shift and network is operating at peak efficiency.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Extensive knowledge of digital routers, bridging functions, communication servers, ethernets, network protocols (TCP/IP), patch panels, Windows, LINUX and UNIX operating systems, IP addressing and subnetting, system security procedures, and Government networks including DSNET 1 and DSNET 3 is required.
- Expert level knowledge of the functions and capabilities of network interfaces and appliqués and proper configuration of router with appropriate modules.
- Expert level knowledge of Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) functions and capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to apply the concepts and commands required to install, configure and troubleshoot CISCO and other routers in multi-protocol inter networks (US Government networks) in a global WAN environment with centralized network control.
- Ability to liaison with local or deployed engineering departments and cusotmer work centers in an effort to maintain immediate response to critical requirements resulting from analysis of current specification data on assigned systems.
- Command of fluent English.
Experience & Education
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent and twelve months training.
- Minimum ten (10) years demonstrated experience in network management procedures and system administration. Requires three (3) years supervisory experience.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Able to maneuver in small spaces and lift up to 50lbs.