Salary: £50.00 - £58.00 per hour
Job type: Contract
Contact: Mark Aizlewood
Category: Software Engineer Jobs
This will typically involve contributing to the production and review of development plans, schedules, assisting in the definition of software processes and selection of toolsets, supporting the development of resource plans and influencing the evolution of the system architecture with a prime focus on the embedded software architecture and/or safety critical vehicle management. As the programme develops the post holder will be expected to support requirements analysis, preliminary design activities and assist with the preliminary design review. The successful engineer will demonstrate full lifecycle software development ability and knowledge of safety processes gained in a complex software delivery programme. Ability with software and hardware integration and testing on target hardware would be advantageous. You will;
- Contribution to a range of software planning activities.
- Support to requirements analysis and preliminary design activities.
- Interfacing with the customer and supporting them resolve software related issues.
- Developing estimates and scheduling tasks as required.
- Contributing to the development and specification of software processes, including selection of appropriate engineering toolsets, with particular focus on embedding best practice.
- Influence the evolution and development of system and software architectures.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
KRA 1 - Safety. Ensure, as appropriate, that adequate safety related activities are incorporated into software development processes to ensure software deliverables are produced in a manner consistent with the relevant software risk classification / Design Assurance Level.
KRA 2 - Quality. As appropriate, ensure that all software related deliverables are produced to an appropriate quality level and that processes are implemented to effectively manage and address quality related issues. Ensure that opportunities for software process improvement are identified and appropriately assessed.
KRA 3 - Cost. Ensure that software processes are optimised to deliver affordable capability and that software related deliverables are produced within allocated budgets. Ensure that all budgetary issues are identified and appropriately dealt with.
KRA 4 - Delivery. Assist the customer to develop robust delivery schedules and as appropriate, through proactive delivery focus, ensure that all software related deliverables are produced in accordance with agreed timescales. Ensure that all scheduling issues are identified and appropriately dealt with.
KRA 5 - People. Assist the customer to develop a robust software resource plan and, as required, ensure that skills and competencies are developed and maintained in line with programme requirements and technology advancements.
KRA 6 - Capability. Ensure that new business opportunities are captured and communicated to the relevant business development team.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Seasoned in military aircraft software development and the Full Software Lifecycle to recognised standards (eg RTCA DO-178B/C).
- Seasoned in working on complex, safety related / critical aerospace software development environment.
- Seasoned in vehicle management and/or software architectures for embedded systems (ideally of a Service Oriented nature) is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of model based systems/software engineering toolsets (MatLab, Simulink, SCADE).
- Knowledge of estimation tools and techniques (e.g. COCOMO, SEER)
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK SOFTWARE ENGINEERS WHO HAVE WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO ARE CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)