Maintenance Repair Operations, Unlicensed Mechanic / Technician
HQ Aero is currently recruiting for experienced Composite Technicians for openings in Littleton, CO.
- The technicians will be tasked to layup complex parts, final bag them for cure, and process them through different curing vessels.
- Our technicians are also charged with bonding different types of fittings, inserts, spools, and cups using a multitude of adhesives.
- Employees will also be asked to complete minor hand machining operations using a multitude of different manufacturing hand tools and machines.
- Tasked to preform assembly work using close tolerance fasteners.
- Experience in composite hardware layup/assembly.
- Past experience working in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Airframe & Powerplant license or similar professional certifications.
- Installation and torqueing of fasteners; Drilling and installing rivets; Measurement and shimming interfaces to close tolerances.
- Apply aerospace paint, primer and other coatings using spray, brush, swab applications. Surface prep, using grit blast, hand abrade and power abrasion techniques.
- Vacuum bag processing. Oven/autoclave curing operation.
- Tooling fabrication from various materials such as aluminum, composites, and wood. Working with small shop power tools (saws, routers, sanders, and grinders). Machine shop equipment operation (mill, lathe, table saw, band saw, etc).
- Assembly of composite structures including setup, bonding, and fastener applications. Operation of measuring devices such as calipers, height gages, micrometers, and torque wrenches.
- 1-3 years of Composites experience.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must be able to receive detailed written instructions from a supervisor, lead technician, or manufacturing engineer and select tooling and materials compatible with the processing techniques identified in the work instructions.
- Perform adhesive bonding operations to fabricate parts and/or for repair applications. Must be able to perform pre-preg composite Client-up.
- Capable of verifying work and ensure a defect free part prior to presenting to quality control.
- Criminal Background Check required.
- Compliant to FAA Drug and Alcohol screening and background checks mandatory.
If you find violations, report this job