Flight Operations, Other
North America, Unspecified, Virgin Islands, Brit, Virgin Islands, U.S.
On behalf of our airline client in the Caribbean & Latin American region, we are recruiting a Director of Operations.
The position of Director of Operations includes, but not limited to the following:
- The Director of Operations is responsible for managing the Company's flight operations and is responsible for and provides direct oversight for the Chief Pilot, Flight Attendant Manager, and OCC Manager.
- He/she is the most senior company official held responsible for operational control. He/she ensures all policies and procedures as they relate to operational control are followed.
- Through the appropriate managers or supervisors the Director of Operations ensures that the following policies and procedures are administered correctly. These include but are not limited to:
- The Director of Operations is responsible for responding, individually, or in conjunction with the Station Network Manager, to operational concerns raised by stations regarding passenger and cargo handling, aircraft fuelling, dangerous goods, and any other item brought to his attention.
- The Director of Operations or is responsible to provide guidance and direction to the Chief Pilot with respect to flight operations to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- The Director of Operations is responsible to provide guidance and direction to the Flight Attendant Manager with respect to cabin operations to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- The Director of Operations is responsible to provide guidance and direction to the OCC Manager as necessary with respect to dispatch and operational control functions to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- The Director of Operations is the Manual Control Authority for the General Operations Manual. The Director of Operations will ensure that the General Operations Manual contains comprehensive information, procedure, and guidance for all users to perform their duties in a safe and efficient manner. The Director of Operations will ensure the information contained in the General Operations Manual is current, comprehensive, and accurate. The Director of Operations also has the final authority to amend or change the company manuals listed below:
- General Operations Manual (GOM) – May delegate to the Chief Pilot
- Operations Control Manual (OCM) - Delegate to the OCC Manager as Manual Control Authority;
- Flight Attendant Manual (FAM) and Flight Attendant Training Manual (FATM) - Delegate to the Flight Attendant Manager as Manual Control Authority.
- The Director of Operations shall ensure that current external documents relating to flight operations are kept current and updated in accordance with the procedures in Section 2 of the General Operations Manual.
- The Director of Operation exercises operational control of dispatch and scheduling functions, including dispatch and crew scheduling through the OCC Manager.
- The Director of Operations is responsible for analyzing and providing company comment on Form GOM-001, Captain’s Discretion Report – Extension of Flying Duty Period / Flying Hours, and Form GOM-002, Captain’s Discretion Report – Reduction of Rest.
- The Director of Operations ensures that cabin policies and procedures are adequate and correct through the Flight Attendant Manager.
- The Director of Operations ensures that cockpit policies and procedures are adequate and correct through the Chief Pilot.
- The Director of Operations ensures that dispatch policies and procedures are adequate and correct through the OCC Manager.
- The Director of Operations will liaison with the Security Manager and Director of Safety and Quality Assurance to develop procedures, training, and policy that affect the safety and security of flight operations.
- The Director of Operations ensures that the General Maintenance Policies, as they relate to flight operations are included in the General Operations Manual and coordinated with the Maintenance Manager.
- The Director of Operations oversees CAA required records through the appropriate supervisor or manager and has overall responsibility for regulatory compliance of operations.
- The Director of Operations ensures that safety reports and/or recommendations from the Director of Safety and Quality Assurance are used to address changes to policy or procedures, as required.
- The Director of Operations ensures that appropriate changes are made to the company manual system as required by regulation, safety, or industry.
- The Director of Operations is the liaison with the local CAA Principal Operations Inspector (POI) for any operational issues involving the airline, or any variance in the operational aspect of the airline’s Air Operator Certificate or operations specifications.
- The Director of Operations is the liaison with any other regulatory authority doing business with the airline.
- Is a participating member of the SMS Post Holder Meeting Group, the SMS Management Meeting Group, the Operational Safety and Security Advisory Group, and for ensuring that he and all personnel under his authority have a full working knowledge of their duties and responsibilities with respect to the SMS program.
- Ensuring the company management team under his jurisdiction operate the company within the limitations and provisions of the AOC, the applicable OTARs and applicable foreign air regulations, and the policies and procedures of the company manuals.
- The Director of Operations leads the Operations Engineering Group.
- Hold an airline transport rating;
- Have at least 5yrs experience, in any combination, as an airline flight operations management position, a management or instructor position in a training facility providing services for airline flight training, as a TRE for an airline, or as a Training Captain for an airline that operates aircraft with a MTOM in excess of 5,700kgs.
- The Director of Operations must be knowledgeable of the company manual document system and the contents thereof.
- The Director of Operations must be approved by the local CAA to hold the position as a post holder.
If you find violations, report this job