Job type: Contract
Category: Mechanical Engineer Jobs
Morson has an on going contract for a Materials Laboratory Engineer to work at a Major Aerospace Company in Yeovil, Somerset.
Provide specialist technical support to Aircraft Operations on a range of special processes.
Supplier Approval - Initial approval and 3 yearly revalidation of Client suppliers:
- Perform a technical assessment of the suppliers compliance to Client requirements.
- Note: This review is performed at the Client using material presented by the supplier.
- Feeding back to Supplier to resolve issues
Internal Approval Initial approval and 3 yearly revalidation
- Supporting the generation of data packs to demonstrate compliance to the Client requirements
- Perform a technical assessment of the data packs, in terms of their regulatory approvals, tooling and facilities, material, qualification and working practices
- Feeding back to the Internal Plant to resolve issues
Operator Approval - Initial approval and 3 yearly revalidation of Client production operators:
- Develop and deliver classroom based theory training and examinations.
- Assess compliance to engineering standards by means of a practical assessment in the production environment.
- Assess the competence of production operators based on the examination and practical assessment.
Provide a focus for the resolution of production issues.
Oil and Fuel Testing:
Perform hydraulic particle and fuel particle and water content analysis in a backup role.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent level of qualification
- Technical knowledge and practical experience on a range of the special processes.
- Working knowledge of fuels and lubricants used in aircraft and their working limits
- Good communication skills including verbal and written
- Flexible and conscientious approach
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office software