Salary: £35.00 - £37.00 per hour
Job type: Contract
Category: Design Engineer Jobs
Mechanical Design Engineer
Morson have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join a leading electronics & systems company on an initial 6-month contract at their office in Winfrith Newburgh. The client is a developer of Marine Communication Systems for the Defence Industry, so this would be ideally suited to someone with experience developing high performance electro-mechanical systems for Military applications.
Please see below for details:
Pay Rate: £35.00 - £37.00 per hour LTD
Duration: 6 Month Contract
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be working within our client's Mechatronics Department; supporting the development of cutting-edge systems for the defence industry. You will primarily be tasked with component detailing for naval sonar system equipment.
* Meeting challenging timescales
* Managing multi-disciplined teams of mixed abilities
* Undertake designs of complex systems suitable for marine above and underwater environment
* Meeting stringent technical specifications and requirements at the cutting edge of technology
* Undertake analysis of designs provided and recommend design changes were appropriate
* Provide justification through calculation for design approach
* Able to define systems at all stages of the design process defining system architecture
* Trials support including occasional long or unsociable working hours
* Qualified to degree level or equivalent, with experience working in a multi-disciplined design environment for a significant period.
* In depth knowledge of Computer Aided Design (CAD) modelling techniques
- SolidEdge Preferred, but will also consider Solidworks / Inventor / CATIA / NX
* Good knowledge of appropriate drawing and defence standards.
* Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety, reliability and efficiency.
* Developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs.
* Discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers.
* An excellent appreciation for mechanical, electrical, electronic and software design principals.
* Knowledge and understanding of system engineering principles.
* Able to interpret user and system requirements, generating system concepts, designs and test approaches
* Have a drive and ability for continuous product and personal improvement
* Self-motivating and able to work unsupervised
* Team Player
* Excellent Communication Skills
* Discretion and Trust
* Drive and determination with clear bias for action
* Attention to detail
* Focus on delivery
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: We seek a Mechanical Design Engineer who has ideally worked in a Defence or Nuclear environment in the UK within the last 12 months, or who is capable of obtaining UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.