Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The IT Business Support Officer will implement and manage assigned commercial systems for flydubai. To facilitate formulation of system requirements with the end users and translate them as user requirement specifications to the vendors/internal customers, support the external IT teams while development and implementation final solution. Manage efficient use of existing systems and perform system administration function.
1. Liaise with clients to report defects and prioritise them so that system functionality is corrected.
2. Monitor revenue and payment related systems to ensure revenue reconciliation and financial settlement happens as per set frequency.
3. Analyse and improve business processes based on industry standards and own experience.
4. Raise Enhancement Requests with clients to improve system behaviour and reduce manual effort.
5. Liaise with the various user groups to ensure all issues faced from a commercial system perspective are identified and addressed in a timely manner.
6. Evaluate new technologies and industry best practices to incorporate into systems.
7. Identify and prioritise enhancements, take them through the Change Management Process and get them implemented in systems.
8. Test system functionality and new releases as per industry standard testing methods, ensuring adherence to user requirements.
9. Manage system configuration, behaviour and User Access Rights as per industry standards like PCIDSS.
10. Provide reports to team leader regarding system performance and behaviour.
11. Set up triggers and alerts in system to monitor and prevent revenue loss.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• Bachelor’s Degree
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Airline business
Knowledge / Skills
• In-depth knowledge of Industry practices and procedures
• Good knowledge of System Maintenance/Management processes
• Good Knowledge of GDS and Online Booking Portals
• Demonstrable knowledge of Software Maintenance Activities such as Testing, Change Management and Impact Analysis, Release Management, Scope Management
• Customer Focus
• Team work
• Effective Communication
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)