Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Responsible for supervising the operation of Computer applications, hardware systems, network and related infrastructure and ensuring all of them are functional and secure. Set controls on computers and devices to run jobs. Effective monitoring of Production environments of IT applications and infrastructure on a 24 x 7 Operations with Disaster Recovery and BCP Planning, which includes IT solutions / Services hosted outside FZ.
1. Supervise day-to-day operations of Data Centre and coordination.
2. Monitor systems availability and corresponding support processes based on the agreed processes.
3. Monitors the availability of 24/7 availability of Corporate Network infrastructure and the Data Centers to ensure the availability of all servers and services required by flydubai, which includes IT solutions / Services hosted outside FZ.
4. Carries out Disaster Recovery drills as per agreed plan and provide status update to relevant stakeholders.
5. Carries out scheduled backups, batch jobs as per the schedule and ensure that they are successful.
6. Follows IT operations governance process.
7. Actively participate with Manager - IT Production Services in the IT planning and supporting organic growth.
8. Executes tasks and ensures that services provided perform to agreed-upon SLAs.
9. Assist in resolution of issues and problems within an ITIL framework, and manage escalations and issues as required.
10. Prepares operational performance metrics and status across the IT infrastructure, applications and networks for Manager - IT Production Services.
11. Work with between internal teams, outsourcing & hosting partners and other stakeholders to ensure incidents are resolved in a timely manner.
12. Should actively participate to optimize performance and continuously work towards improving productivity.
13. Ensure that all changes in IT Production environments (Data Centre and network) are carried out based on the processes laid out by Manager - IT Production Services.
14. Coordinate with all impacted parties to ensure all IT releases and deployments across all business units or IT business partners to ensure the awareness on schedule and status on the progress.
15. Develop and maintain Operations manual, so that every processes and procedures are documented.
16. Ensures hardware, peripherals, devices are in working condition and faulty ones are replaced or repaired in a timely manner without affecting the 24x7 Operation of Data Centre and network.
17. Maintain contacts and escalations points of each services (applications, Operating systems, hardware, services, air conditioners.
18. Effectively monitors the health and monitors the health of UPS units and carryout simulation runs at regular intervals.
19. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining air conditioners, Water alarm, fire alarm and Power protections systems (UPS) in IT Data Centers and infrastructure.
20. Oversee maintenance, including Preventive maintenance, of hardware, air conditioners, UPS are carried out at agreed intervals.
21. Monitor info on licensing and Maintenance contracts related to IT Production environments to ensure the continuity of services.
22. Participation in complex infrastructure implementation, system upgrades and operational trouble shooting.
23. Plan and simulate regular restoring from backup exercises to ensure that backups taken are reliable and can be used if a production situation for restoration takes place.
24. Ensures that necessary approvals are sought and obtained in a timely manner, so that no delay takes place in the day-to-day running for 24x7 Operations and incident management.
25. Carries out changes to FZ IT Production environments, which are planned as per agreed Tier level maintenance windows and ensures necessary approvals are available for unplanned changes/outages.
26. Assist Audit exercises and implement and own the process improvement activities to improve the overall Release Management processes.
27. Work closely with Manager - IT Production Services and FZ IT sections to ensure that Data Center and Infrastructure are geared up to meet the growing demands of FZ.
28. Ability to interact directly with vendor (including be based at their office for a period of time) with minimal supervision but drive expected outcomes.
29. Drive and manage monitoring standards for all components of Infrastructure and Applications which includes defining key parameters to be monitored and setting intelligent thresholds for action
30. Suggest improvement for current systems by being aware of bug fixes, hot fixes as well as new and upcoming product releases for the monitoring tools we will be using.
31. Assist the Manager IT Production Services on performing assessment and proof of concepts on new/alternate tools/technology (when needed)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• A university degree in business or technology. BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business.
• 6+ years’ total experience, including 3+ years in a production 24/7 high-availability multi-site enterprise of mission critical systems, ERP and CRM environments, including application hosting, voice and data networks, security and information protection and 2+ years’ experience with high availability networks and replicated disaster recovery architectures.
• Experience in the travel or airline industry.
• Extensive years of relevant technical and business experience, including in-depth knowledge of one or more IT processes, services, environments.
• Extensive years of experience on Travel Reservation System or similar critical systems.
• Extensive years’ experience analyzing and identifying enterprise applications mainframe systems and distributed systems’ environment issues and risks in performance, availability and capacity.
• Experienced in maintaining compliant operations and ensuring successful internal, external and FDA/EMA audits.
Knowledge / Skills
• Strong ITIL Release Management process knowledge.
• Proven knowledge of IT infrastructure, architecture, applications development and support, networks, and computer operations.
• Broad technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems including Windows Server/Desktop OS, Virtualization,
• Business Applications, Networking.
• PC literacy and MSOffice skills (Visio, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
• Very good understanding of FTP, SFTP, LAN/WAN, communication protocols.
Certificate / License required
• Certification in ITIL
• ITIL Foundations V3 Certified.•
• Preferably experience in sales and marketing working for airline
• Customer Focus
• Team work
• Effective Communication
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)