Primary Location: AFGHANISTAN-OCONUS
Security Clearance: Secret
The Systems Analyst conducts business process analyses, needs assessments and preliminary cost/benefits analyses in an effort to align information technology solutions with business initiatives.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Coordinate the analysis and design of automated solutions to business problems
- Upgrade computer software systems and correct errors to maintain system after implementation.
- Review computer system capabilities, workflow and scheduling limitations to determine if requested program or program change is possible within existing system.
- Determine software implementation schedules.
- Confer with departments and project managers to obtain information on limitations and capabilities of existing systems.
- Analyze new hardware to determine its need or application in the existing system or new systems.
- Develop general and detailed documentation describing system specifications and operating instructions.
- Revise existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion and storage.
- Perform other qualified duties as required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- Demonstrated capability working with management information systems and data processing techniques.
- Results oriented with exceptional organizational skills able to work independently.
- Knowledge of Windows 10 and Server 2012 or later operating systems
- Network + or Security + certification at minimum
- Able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
- Active Directory experience
- Basic knowledge of networking
- Intermediate IT troubleshooting skills
- SCCM / DFS / ePO / Palo Alto / Cisco knowledge is a plus
Experience & Education
- Two (2) or more years’ experience working with systems analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Works in normal office environment.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.