Primary Location: UNITED STATES-MARYLAND-ANDREWS AFB
Security Clearance: Secret
The Planner Production Principal coordinates and monitors the maintenance workload for a multi-aircraft fleet and some one-of-a-kind aircraft.
- Compile and records production data for aircraft, engine, and aircraft component overhaul.
- Update status and records maintenance actions.
- Responsible for maximizing most opportunistic usage of assets.
- Generate work-orders for repair and inspection.
- Compile and records production data from historical records and other documents such as logbooks and vendor work orders using personal computers and other devices.
- Calculate aircraft availability.
- Generate production reports for all aspects of the aircraft status based on data compiled, tabulated, and computed, following prescribed formats.
- Prepare production reports and special reports as needed to reflect contract requirements.
- Verify, validate, and document Time Since Overhaul (TSO) requirements for flight critical aircraft components and sub-components; ensures availability of required parts using experiential determination to enhance mission rates.
- Maintain aircraft historical files for validation of critical flight safety issues.
- Brief Senior Management and Customer daily on status of aircraft conditions for assigned aircraft located on-site and off-site.
- Use established information system to research aircraft and component part numbers for procurement and then acts on information gained to maximize mission capability rates.
- Represent the company to both internal and external customers, receives distinguished customers, etc.
- Assist key managers in providing oversight, initiating, conducting training or/and supervising within his/her respective area of responsibility to meet the contract objectives.
- Directly responsible for determination of aircraft availability, contributes to the decision on priority of repair, controlled exchange, recording scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and frequency of required inspections, and tracks assigned Gulfstream GV and G550 aircraft in support of the 89th Airlift Wing in both the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS).
- Communicates with varied field locations in varied time zones and programs, and documents maintenance activity and actions that have occurred (including verifying needed actions that should have occurred as well), and documents production standards by aircraft and location.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Able to read, write, and understand technical publications related to aircraft maintenance operations and reporting.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of aviation actions at the organizational, intermediate, and depot levels.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office to include excel, power point, outlook, and word.
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess the ability to plan schedule and integrate complex events.
- Ability to communicate well with workers and management.
- Able to multi-task; to include forecasting and effectively communicating with a wide-variety of work disciplines to provide up-to-date technical information on queries associated with aircraft/equipment statuses.
- Able to provide estimated time in commission (ETIC’s) for items in a non-mission capable status.
- Ability to be proactive in orchestrating the daily work priorities and flight schedule requirements to ensure full capability of the assigned personnel to meet mission requirements.
- Able to make independent judgment regarding parts availability and time before overhaul decisions, including aircraft scheduling, current mission status, and historical usage data for aircraft, aircraft components, and other maintenance activity.
Experience & Education
- Seven (7) or more years experience as an aircraft maintenance/production controller coordinating and monitoring the maintenance workload for Gulfstream GV and G550 aircraft fleet.
- Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline preferred.
- Knowledge of the CMP and IMDS maintenance database.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Normal Office environment
- Some travel required.