Primary Location: UNITED STATES-NEVADA-FALLON
Security Clearance: Confidential
The Plane Captain provides line services in support of scheduled flight operations, including inspection, servicing, cleaning, launching and recovery of aircraft. Will be required to operate self-propelled ground equipment during daily routine. Limited use of hand tools which normally include screwdrivers, flashlights and tools necessary to assist with engine rinses and aircraft washes.
- Launch and recover aircraft in accordance with specific guidelines during day and night hours.
- Perform aircraft inspections in accordance with published criteria.
- Perform fueling operations using gravity fill and closed circuit refueling methods.
- Service engine oil and hydraulic systems as required.
- Act as a member of an aircraft moving crew when directed.
- Perform aircraft washing and lubrication when assigned.
- Act as a member of the engine rinse team when directed.
- Be familiar with and operate portable firefighting equipment.
- Use provided safety equipment when working with hazardous materials.
- Maintain cleanliness of the work center and around assigned work area.
- Responsible for adhering to all applicable Foreign Object Damage (FOD) prevention rules and regulations.
- Responsible for the adhering to the Company Tool Control Program.
- Must comply with established General and Industrial Safety Rules and Regulations as applicable to the contract, facilities and job assignment.
- Maintain appropriate records of all work accomplished.
- May be required to perform off-site service on assigned detachments.
- May be required to perform simple computer input functions.
- Pursuant to the specific provisions of the CBA, at the discretion of management, may be requested to perform the duties of Lead.
- Assist when directed to ensure safety, security and preservation of Government owned and Company owned equipment.
- Perform other reasonably related incidental duties when directed within the job classification.
Knowledge & Skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable safety and maintenance manuals.
- Thorough working knowledge of aircraft flight line operations, aircraft handling, servicing, marshaling, common hand tools and normal operational safety requirements of the aircraft.
- Must be able to read, write, understand, and communicate the English language and follow verbal and written instruction.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance and flight-line driver’s license, if required.
Experience & Education
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in aviation maintenance and / or flight line operations.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must complete training program and be certified in writing as a plane captain. Required to re-qualify semi-annually.
- Must be able to meet any Government / Company licensing / qualification requirements for the position.
- Required to be qualified on all assigned T/M/S.
- Experience in F-18 (A-F), EA-18G, E-2C, F-16 and/or MH-60 strongly preferred.
- Licensing, certification requirements:
- Hazardous Waste Communications Training,
- FOD and TCP Awareness Trained
- ISO 9001-2000 Program Awareness
- Operational Risk Management (ORM) Training
- Valid state driver’s license
- Licensed on support equipment such as tow tractor, nitrogen servicing cart, engine wash cart and engine start unit, etc.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Services are primarily performed outside.
- May be required to handle hazardous materials in performance of assigned duties.
- Ability to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for extended periods throughout the day.
- Ability to climb, bend, stoop, squat, crawl, crouch, kneel, lift, carry, balance and reach above shoulder level, push or pull weight up to seventy (70) pounds.
- Ability to use eye hand coordination and manual dexterity.
- Must have close vision to include color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to hear at the normal range.
- May require the use of respirator.
- Must be able to work dayshift, night shift, and/or weekend shift as required.
- As required by work and customer specifications. May require travel in support of detachments of unknown duration.