Primary Location: UNITED STATES-ALABAMA-HUNTSVILLE
Security Clearance: Secret
The Contracts Manager Senior is responsible for the formulation of contracts policies, procedures, methods, operating practices and performance standards for assigned Strategic Business Unit (SBU).
- Manages the proper coordination of various types of agreements, subcontracts and other contract/legal documents with accounting, legal, program management and other organizations as necessary.
- Develops cost proposals to address request for proposal (RFP) requirements and approved cost strategies in accordance with cost estimating system requirements, company policies, and government regulations.
- Facilitates effective implementation of contract responsibilities with program objectives and requirements.
- Reviews all contract modifications and proposals for completeness, compliance and accuracy.
- Advises and guides Contract department in export and control and licensing matters to ensure the upper management is kept fully aware of company’s compliance.
- Monitors performance, funding, and payments on assigned contracts. Notifies upper management and site Program Management of potential non-compliance and other problems that could have an adverse impact to the company.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretations of terms and conditions of assigned SBU.
- Manages the process for updating contract information in contract’s database ensuring all data is current and complete.
- Participates in contract disputes, claim resolutions and outside audits. May be assigned to take the lead in some cases.
- Reviews and resolves issues affecting assigned SBU or company compliance and ensures satisfaction of legal requirements, company and customer objectives.
- Negotiates proposals, contract modifications, and agreements as required within the limits of authority delegated by the upper management.
- Acts as advisor regarding legal requirements, customer contract requirements, and government regulations.
- Manages and integrates daily work activities of assigned employees to ensure effective efficiencies in compliance with corporate, contract and legal requirements.
- Develops and trains lower level employees in Contract Administration process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of various computer programs required (ex: Word, Excel, etc.) and working experience with spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of cost controls and international logistics support.
- Thorough knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) and related federal and state legislation and regulations.
- Knowledge of Service Contract Act and Truth in Negotiations Act.
- Knowledge of international business management and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) if required for contract.
- Knowledge of accounting practices including DynCorp’s disclosed accounting practices.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline. Two (2) years Contracts Management or related field experience can be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college.
- Prefer at least five (5) years supervisory experience in contracts.
- Ten (10) years of experience in contract administration and government cost accounting environment. Prefer experience in a managerial role.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Ability to work under pressure and continuously meet deadlines.
- Able to travel internationally on short notice to a hazardous environment.