Primary Location: UNITED STATES-TEXAS-LAUGHLIN AFB
Security Clearance: NAC-I
The Accounting Clerk III maintains journals or subsidiary ledgers of an accounting system and balances and reconciles accounts.
- Provide routine to complex accounting, finance and clerical support.
- Review invoices and statements
- Verify information, ensuring sufficient funds have been obligated, and if questionable, resolving with the submitting unit determining accounts involved.
- Review coding transactions, and processing material through data processing for application in the accounting system.
- Analyze and reconcile computer printouts with operating unit reports (contacting units, researching causes of discrepancies, and taking action to ensure that accounts balance).
- Provides suggestions for handling unusual or non-recurring transactions.
- Conformance with requirements and technical soundness of completed work are reviewed by the supervisor, or are controlled by mechanisms built into the accounting processes.
- Perform other duties as requested
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of government contract to include Joint Travel Regulations (JTR) and Federal Acquisition Regulation(FAR)
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft applications and data entry.
- Understand general computer skills for accounting environment
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- CostPoint and OnBase experience preferred.
Experience & Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6) hours credit in accounting principles preferred and /or Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline preferred.
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in an accounting or finance environment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Generally works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions.
- No travel required