Job type: Contract
Category: Airworthiness Engineer Jobs
Morson has an exciting initial 6 months contract opportunity for an Airworthiness and Certification Engineer to work for a Major Aerospace Company based out of Yeovil and Bristol with some travel to other sites.
Fixed Wing Airworthiness and Certification Engineer wanted:
Working to the Chief Airworthiness Engineer under the guidance of the Lead Airworthiness Engineer within the airworthiness and certification team for Fixed and Rotary Wing programmes to ensure that products and services to underwrite initial and continued airworthiness are developed and in place for platform and modification programmes.
Support airworthiness and certification activities, and work effectively with team members from various functions across multiple customers (internal and external) in order to:
Support the up front development, interpretation, and understanding of customer airworthiness requirements through the understanding and application of relevant airworthiness codes.
* Analyse and recommend certification requirements for their applicability to new platforms and modifications.
* Apply UK Regulatory requirements to UK fixed wing programmes
* Liaise with other Clients organisational entities and assist with the assembly of plans and approaches to meet UK requirements.
* Provide engineering support to new programme stand up and development of airworthiness and certification approaches. Contribute to cutting edge activity to benefit from International mutual recognition processes in the field of airworthiness certification.
* Working with other functions to understand complete lifecycle requirements and provide innovative solutions.
* Assist the management of requirements using the DOORS tool including requirements allocation, verification and validation.
* Assist with the development of Test and Acceptance criteria for requirements.
* Assist with airworthiness reviews of aircraft undergoing modifications
* Contribute to Statements of Work (SOW) for 3rd party activities.
* Identify risks, issues and opportunities and assist with the development of mitigation plans.
* Compile engineering estimates for the airworthiness group.
* Assist with engineering resource planning and generating staffing forecasts
* Assist the development and/or improvement of effective certification process and documentation
This candidate should possess strong communication skills, technical competency, and skills with project management concepts/tools. The role will have significant Customer and wider Clients interface and therefore a person who is diplomatic whilst being strong minded is required. Some UK and US travel is expected.
* Degree in Engineering (or equivalent technical qualifications and work experience).
* 5+ years working knowledge of System Engineering on complex systems or platforms within the aerospace domain.
* Demonstrable understanding of UK MAA and MoD regulations and procurement processes.
* Able to effectively identify and execute opportunities to improve strategies, processes and project plans.
* Strong communication skills and technical competency.
* Due to significant customer, supplier and wider Client interaction, a person who is pragmatic, diplomatic and strong minded is essential.
* Experience of application or assessment of CS-29, EMACC, Def Stan 00-970 or equivalent to design activity.
* Knowledge of large aircraft design, modification or maintenance within a civilian or military environment.