Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The Regional Commercial Cargo Manager (GCC, Africa & Indian Sub-Continent) will report to Manager Cargo Revenue Optimization and will develop the tactical sales and commercial policies, strategies and market initiatives for flydubai Cargo services to optimize sale and revenue across the region of GCC, Africa & Indian Sub-Continent
1. Lead the development, negotiation and implementation of tactical sales policies and strategies and take advantage of opportunities that realize revenue targets across the region of GCC, Africa & Indian Sub-Continent by taking into consideration the market segmentation
2.Represent flydubai cargo at a national and international level to support the negotiation, development of partnerships and attend at the events in support of defined business objectives. When required, travel extensively to achieve the set goals of revenue, customer satisfaction and flydubai brand exposure
3.Develop and implement performance tracking measures to monitor and track the performance of all sales programs so that modification can take place when required to optimise revenue generation
4.Keep abreast of market conditions and economic trends and their impact on sales strategies, anticipate changing trends and proactively implement adjustments to existing sales pricing plans ensuring that revenue targets are not compromised
5.Identify, design and drive technological enhancements to new/existing computer software systems and databases to improve productivity, provide comprehensive sales management information and support pricing decision making
6. Manage an efficient and cost-effective resource strategy while strengthening market position, drive the development of a high-performance culture across the business and inspire the team towards a shared vision
7. Plan and fulfil the audit requirements (internal / external / Government). Negotiate and settle payment and billing dispute with distributor and maintain timely payments
8. Conduct periodic surveys of the respective regional station for customer feedback to take corrective action in the region of GCC, Africa & Indian Sub-Continent. Work for synergy between flydubai cargo network stations to effectively utilize the available capacity and develop new channels revenue generation
9. Initiate, develop and monitor interline cooperation for increase capacity and increase network of flydubai cargo
10. Collect and monitor the competitors’ activities and take proactive action to benefit flydubai cargo. Performance monitoring of the distributors and identify / suggest alternate distributors for evaluation.
11. Identify additional revenue source freighter, charter, part charter and value-added services.
12. Identify and work closely with multinational and respective to submitting RFP/RFQ to generate regular business. Identify regional tendering opportunity eg. RED Cross, Red Crescent, UN bodies etc.
13. Lead the development, negotiation and implementation of tactical sales policies and strategies and take advantage of opportunities of FZ and EK co-op. To increase market share, realize revenue targets across the region of GCC, Africa & Indian Sub-Continent
14. Identify the Post Office Mail (P.O. Mail) business opportunity and initiate, develop, monitor the business for achieving the revenue targets. Including the interline partnership potentials.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• University Graduate or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in Cargo industry of which minimum of 2 years’ managerial experience (preferably in Aviation Industry)
Knowledge / Skills
• Basic knowledge of IATA resolutions, procedures and regulations pertaining to the acceptance and transportation of air cargo (recommended)
• Broad knowledge and experience in MS-Office Applications
• Must be on call round–the-clock (even on weekends and public holidays)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to customer complaints or verbal confrontations. However, employee can experience a high level of professional ethics and company core values at the flydubai office and can expect effective working team relationship with all supporting departments
• Customer Focus
• Team work
• Effective Communication
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
• Decision Making