About the job
The purpose of this role is to lead the Cabin Crew operations and performance ensuring productivity is in line with company’s objectives and in compliance with quality standards and ECAA regulatory requirements. Achieve efficiency in manpower and operating costs whilst maintaining safety and security of operations, and reflecting a positive corporate image.
1. Manages the Cabin Crew day-to-day operations and performance to ensure adherence by the Crew to the standard operating procedures prescribed in the manual in line with ECAA and Air Arabia standards.
2. Leads the respective team, conducts on-board monitoring and checks, provides continuous support, motivation, coaching, and guidance to assist the team achieve efficiency in performance on all levels and at all times.
3. Supports HOD and Crew Planning & Control to manage the manpower planning and utilization in line with business operational needs and in compliance with the regulatory requirements.
4. Advises on the manpower allocation in a cost-effective manner ensuring Company’s objectives for cost reduction are achieved.
5. Supports partnership with Stakeholders/HR to ensure objective evaluation and validate members’ assessments; utilizes reports and input from various sources to decide on promotions, dismissals, general conduct, grooming, uniform, welfare, grievances, disciplinary, incentives, payments, etc..
6. Evaluates the current practices and identifies solutions to reduce operating costs, maximize on-board sales, and enhance customers’ satisfaction. Implements corrective measures needed to maximize productivity and enhance the overall customers’ experience.
7. Ensures performance gaps are identified and bridged through effective development plan of mandatory, safety, and soft-skills trainings provided by instructors and properly adhered to by the Cabin Crew members.
8. Cooperates with Safety, and Security to monitor the implementation and adherence of the Cabin Crew members to the related manuals; highlights safety trends, agrees on corrective measures, and implements accordingly.
9. Works closely with HOD/Stakeholders to develop, implement and monitor the Cabin Crew operating and safety procedures in line with regulations, Company’s objectives, and corporate image.
10. Partners with HOD to monitor the compliance of SLAs (catering, uniforms, in-flight products) with agreed terms.
11. Ensures cabin appearance and in-flight products comply with approved quality standards and corporate image; reports any shortfalls to concerned for corrective measures.
12. Ensures Quality Assurance and internal/external audit requirements are effectively managed; conducts regular on-board checks and audits to minimize cash and items shortages, minimize customer complaints and ensure smooth work-flow.
13. Updates oneself and team on all changes on the ECAA regulations affecting the related operations.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- 10+ years of experience in the Airlines industry in the Cabin Services; the ideal candidate should have spent at least 2-4 years as Cabin Crew Manager.
- Exposure on the Civil Aviation regulations pertaining to legality and time limits for cabin crew, licensing, and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Familiar with QA/Safety/Security/Ground Operations/Auditors manuals and practices related to and affecting Cabin Services Operations.
- Customer service oriented with diplomatic and tact skills, capable of dealing with difficult situations, emergencies, and threats with efficiency and commitment to successful safe results.
- Experienced in implementing, and monitoring policies, procedures and manuals as per business requirements, quality standards, and regulations.
- Hands on operations with high pressure, heavy work-load, and ad-hoc scenarios.
- Developed skills in cost-estimation analysis and managing budget expenditure.
- Experienced in measuring the team’s performance against regulations, manuals and set standards.
- Skilled in analysing data, identifying pitfalls and recommending solutions.
- Possesses effective problem solving and decision making skills.
- Employs technical expertise and interpersonal relations to support company’s objectives.
- Demonstrates the ability to contribute and successfully deliver against business strategy and set KPIs.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Holding Egyptian Nationality
- Bachelor Degree in Travel/ Tourism or any stream is preferable, active/previous Cabin Crew License from Civil Aviation Authority with the necessary function-related experience.
- Basic Airport, security procedures and regulations exposure are a must.
- A certificate in “Human Factor” management would be a plus.
- Cost Control, Compliance, Budgeting and Quality Assurance certificates and trainings are an added value.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Advanced Excel is essential.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills, Technical reports writing, presentations, etc.
- Very good English & Arabic Languages.