Primary Location: UNITED STATES-ALABAMA-HUNTSVILLE
Security Clearance: Secret
The Quality Assurance Principal is responsible for implementing and maintaining aircraft maintenance quality assurance, training, environmental, health and safety programs, policies, processes and procedures ensuring that performance and quality conform to established standards and guidelines to ensure lasting customer satisfaction.
- Provide expertise and guidance in interpreting governmental regulations, agency guidelines and internal policies to assure compliance.
- Assist the Quality Manager in implementing and auditing processes and programs.
- Ensure quality, environmental, health and safety standards comply with statutory requirements.
- Enforce compliance of operational personnel with safety rules and governmental regulations.
- Review operational reports to determine the requirements for increasing safety.
- Provide leadership and knowledge to Quality department members and teams as necessary.
- Have the ability to implement and ensure compliance in the International Standard Organization (ISO)-9001:2008 program.
- Establish inspection schedules and procedures for Quality Inspectors.
- Utilize assigned inspectors to provide on-the-spot assistance to correct problems.
- Assist in Maintenance Data Systems Analysis with investigations and studies.
- Review Quality database and inspection summary for accuracy and content.
- Initiate actions when additional attention is required to resolve adverse maintenance trends or training problems.
- Coordinate with Quality Manager on development of Training plans.
- Maintain QA programs to ensure accuracy and timely reporting.
- Performs other duties, as required.
Knowledge & Skills
- In-depth knowledge of Army aviation maintenance processes with an emphasis on 95.20 requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of commercial and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) quality systems.
- Broad knowledge of ISO-9001Quality system.
- Familiar with the ISO/AS 9100 Quality and FAA 14 CFR Part 145 regulatory requirements.
- Comprehensive knowledge of industrial safety programs, workers’ compensation, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements and Code of Federal Regulations.
- Excellent communication, effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain an Inspection Authorization if required.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline. Significant experience in aviation.
- Ten (10) or more years’ experience in any combination of the following areas: US Army Maintenance Quality Assurance, International Standardization Organization (ISO)-9000 or Safety and Environmental Compliance.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience of C-12/RC-12/T-6/C-26/UC-35 or similar aircraft.
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant Certification required.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions.
- Must be able to work day shift, night shift, and/or weekend shift as required.
- May work in maintenance shop or outside.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment.
- May be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts or vehicles