Primary Location: UNITED ARAB EMIRATES-OCONUS-AL DHAFRA AIR BASE
Security Clearance: None
Responsible for managing storage and maintenance activities for Bear Base and Civil Engineering (CE) equipment to include receipt, accountability, storage, inspection, maintenance, issue and reconstitution. Supervise CE workshops and facilities (e.g., power production, electrical, refrigeration, fabrication shops etc.). Direct preparation of stored assets for exercise or actual deployments. Carries out all duties in accordance with DynCorp International ISO 9001 Quality and Safety Standards.
- Receives, manages, accounts for stores; inspects, and maintains equipment and assets.
- Performs periodic inspections and maintenance services on assigned assets.
- Stocks and maintains parts, tools and supplies to perform required work on assets, requisitioning additional tools and parts as needed.
- Prepares civil engineering and other equipment for exercises or actual deployments.
- Responds to inquiries concerning storage and status of assigned equipment. Concurrent responsibility as foreman of maintenance facilities and shops.
- Operates, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs power generation equipment. Performs TDY within the area of operations as required.
- Schedules and coordinates with the Work Control regarding all shop work assignments.
- Plans, develops and implements procedures for all Bear Base technical work.
- Instructs and trains supervisory personnel in maintenance repair techniques, inspects their work performance, and documents training records. Conducts training on quality assurance, safety, Material Safety Data Sheets, security awareness and other subjects in accordance with appropriate plans.
- Coordinates the erection and construction of Bear Base assets to support real world exercises and contingencies.
- Evaluates employees work performance, resolves personnel related problems and initiates action to correct substandard performance by personnel and determine logistic support.
- Researches assets/equipment discrepancies and identifies them to the customer.
- Inspects Hazardous Materials within the assigned work center and coordinates with the appropriate office for the disposal of HAZMAT when required.
- Reviews Standard Basis Supply System (SBSS), supply documents to verify status of parts.
- Reviews Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) 30 to verify status of parts.
- Submits the local purchase supply documents to procure items such as test, and shop equipment, consumables etc.
- Reviews and inventories Organizational Equipment Listings (OEL) and Contract Data Requirement Lists (CDRL) for the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Able to read, understand and interpret all technical data associated with Civil Engineering and BEAR Base assets and related equipment.
- Must have working knowledge of personal computers, Windows, Word, Excel and Access
- Experience & Education
- Background in mechanical/electrical equipment maintenance.
- Requires experience in the operations and maintenance of electrical power production equipment and associated equipment.
- 5 years’ experience with CE equipment and engineering workshop facilities.
- 5 years’ experience in an equipment management or CE equipment supervisory position and demonstrated understanding of Bear Base.
- Hands-on experience with Harvest Falcon, Eagle, or BEAR assets preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to work outdoors for an extended period.
- Must be able to work in maintenance shop environment.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally.