Spring Airlines Japan is a new and growing low-cost carrier serving the Japanese and regional Asian market, operating a fleet of B-737-800 aircraft. An expanding route network and new aircraft arriving has resulted in some fabulous opportunities for captains to join the airline, initially on a long-term basis.
A very attractive remuneration package with all tax paid in Japan includes a range of expatriate benefits, complementing an enviable lifestyle. Full details of the terms on offer and the qualifying criteria are below:
Terms and Conditions
Flight Base: Narita, Japan
Length of Assignment: 3-year contract (Renewable)
Interviews: Held on a regular basis in Tokyo
Training: Approximately 5 months/No training bond required.
Basic Salary (Net after Tax) After Captain qualification, During training (70 hours per month)
1st year : $9,500USD
2nd year : $10,000USD
3rd year : $10,500USD
1st year : $10,000USD
2nd year : $10,500USD
3rd year : $11,000USD
$5,000USD paid upon Captain qualification.
(After all Japan tax paid, net amount)
10 days for non-commuting.
16 consecutive days off in 2 months for commuting.
Annual Completion Bonus
1st year : $10,000USD net after all Japan tax.
2nd year : $10,000USD net after all Japan tax.
3rd year : $15,000USD net after all Japan tax.
20 days per year.
For commuting contract $1000USD per month after captain qualification.
For non-commuting contract $1000~2000USD provided to Employee and dependents every 6 month after captain qualification.
300,000JPY ( approx. $2,700USD) after Captain qualification one time only.
200,000JPY (Approx. $1800 USD) per month after Captain qualification.
Employee Fare Travel on
Spring Airlines Japan
10 one-way tickets after 6 months from Captain qualification.
20 one-way tickets after 1 year from Captain qualification
During Training Japan National health insurance provided.
After captain qualification, Company group insurance provided.
600,000JPY ( Approx $5,400 USD) per child per year for non-commuting contract
- B737 type rating for ICAO license holder or Jet type rating for JCAB license holder
- 1000 hours minimum PIC time with commercial airline
- 4,000 hours minimum total Pilot flight time, 3,000 hours on jet.
- EFIS: 1,000 hours
- PIC: 1500 hours on jet with maximum takeoff weight of 50,000kg or above, or 2000 hours on jet with maximum takeoff weight of 30,000kg or above.
- Valid Airline Transport Pilot License (“ATPL”) from ICAO recognized country.
- Last flight as PIC within 12 months of application preferred.
- Valid First-Class Medical Certificate. (ICAO)
- ICAO English Proficiency level 4 or above.
- Below 60 years of age at employment if JCAB type rated. If ICAO type rated 55 years of age. (Offers employment until 67 of age.)
- Body Mass Index (BMI) below 30
- No record of accidents, incidents, or criminal activity.