ALG is currently hiring for Airborne Gravity Gradiometer (AGG) Support Engineer for our client based in Perth, Western Australia. This role will be a permanent full-time position, with an immediate start.
Our client is the leader in cutting-edge Geoscience, with their expertise, you will be working closely with some of Australia's top leaders with a strong presence in their market.
The Support Engineer is responsible for ensuring a high rate of AGG system availability by providing maintenance and technical support for AGG systems around the world, with responsibility for ancillary equipment.
- Work in the field with operational crew from time to time as directed by the Manager
- Commit to a 50/50 field work roster (i.e. 4-6 weeks on and off roster). May be required to work after hours to respond to urgent enquiries.
- Responsible for the install (including testing) of equipment for AGG systems.
- Ensure the AGG export license requirements for restricted technical information are met.
- Coordinate the investigation and solutions for operational problems in a timely manner.
- Be productive in pursuing innovative ideas to improve productivity.
- Take an active interest in data quality.
- Provide monthly plan for scheduled maintenance (location and times) to AGG Manager, OpCo operational managers and client maintenance personnel.
- Report performance of Support Technicians and Operators to AGG Manager and relevant OpCo operational Managers.
- In addition to the duties specified above and other duties as may be agreed by mutual consent, the Employer is entitled to request the Employee to perform such other duties as are within the Employee's skills, competence or training and are reasonably requested in order to meet the requirements of the position.
- Highly skilled technician/engineer (in electronics on airborne instrumentation, IT, mechanics)
- Competent spoken and written English
- Electronics and mechanical maintenance and repair (refrigeration systems)
- Technical -proficiency in electronics and refrigeration
- Performance orientation - Resilient and Results focused at Capable level
- Team Work - Interpersonal and cultural awareness to Strong level.
- Familiarity with Matlab and AGG Software
If you are interested in this role, please APPLY NOW! If you have any questions, please contact Izabo Perez at the Brisbane office on +61 7 3860 4747 during office hours Mon - Fri between 8.30 - 17.00 AEST.