My aviation MRO workshop client in Feltham, Middlesex is seeking a permanent Operations Supervisor to oversee the tactical site operations on a day to day basis, and will involve people management, along with overseeing production within our Repair & Overhaul function. This is a varied role offering long term development and progression for the right individual.
- Manage daily meetings that include production scheduling, work flow designations, and equipment availability
- Lead and directing a strong health and safety culture on site
- Maintaining strong quality adherence across site
- Managing requirements for consumable products to achieve delivery plans
- Participation, and contribution to audits where required
- People management of your team which could include, mentoring, coaching, absence management, and succession planning
- Implement and review weekly 5S audits
- Drive the achievement of the delivery schedule, reporting on misses, and implementing corrective actions to avoid future reoccurrence
- Provide temporary cover for the operations leader as and when required
- Direct 18 permanent staff plus seasonal contractors, having overall control of up to 60 staff
What Skills/Experience Do You Need?
- You must have previous operations management experience which includes people management
- You will preferably come from a mechanical/engineering background
- R&O experience is beneficial
- An Aerospace background would be highly advantageous
- You will need to be extremely organised, and able to manage yours and other’s time effectively
- Six Sigma, Lean, TQ or Continuous Improvement experience. Six Sigma GB trained / certified desirable.
- Recognised Apprenticeship or HNC/D and experience in an Aerospace Wheel & Brake R&O / Engineering environment or related industry preferable.
4 on, 3 off shift, Sun-Weds, Weds-Sun. 6.30am-6.30pm
Salary c. £45,000, depending on experience
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.