Primary Location: UNITED STATES-CALIFORNIA-CHINA LAKE
Security Clearance: Secret
The Environmental Health and Safety Lead develops, implements, manages and maintains effective Quality and Safety policies and procedures that meet the criteria for ISO compliance as well as corporate and government safety requirements.
- Serve as a site level quality liaison with the Regional Quality Office and ensure consistent practices and deliverables meet quality standards.
- Implement -site and program level sponsored best practices for quality assurance processes; develop and utilize benchmark-based metrics, and develop & maintain reporting on these measures to ensure continuous improvement and provide needed information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with Regional Quality Manager to develop, implement and sustain a behavioral quality-based program
- Enforce, and provide updates to the QC plans to drive performance using AS-9110 and 14001 standards across the assigned program.
- Provide oversight of ES&H Programs and integrate them into the QMS.
- Direct Six Sigma training and implementation.
- Prepare and submit functional area reports as directed by the Regional Quality Office.
- Ensure compliance with AS-9110 standards.
- Empower workforce with stop work authority for quality breaches.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures and provide guidance on related disciplines.
- Seek, share and assist in institutionalizing best practices.
- Develops and implements - site-specific process improvement initiatives.
- Establish and track progress toward meeting the goals and objectives of process improvement initiatives.
- Ensures operational personnel comply with established and applicable company policies and procedures.
- Participates in the identification and implementation of all continuous process improvement activities.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Extensive knowledge of logistic systems, planning, quality control and supervisory policies, principles, procedures and techniques.
- Working knowledge of analytical methodology, statistical process control and continual process improvement.
- Familiarity with the development and operation of management reporting systems.
- Ability to develop and present senior staff-level briefings and management reports.
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement approaches, including BPR and change management.
- Excellent communication, effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to obtain a Government Security clearance
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience.
- Eight (8) or more years of progressively responsible experience in a related field.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in military planning and operations preferred.
- ASQ Certified manager of quality and organizational Excellence desired. Significant knowledge of the ISO 9000 series system.
- ISO 9000 Lead Auditor qualification preferred; knowledge of Safety standards and general experience in dealing with environmental issues.
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt Preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Generally works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally