Primary Location: SAUDI ARABIA-OCONUS
Security Clearance: None
The Aircraft Armament Technician is responsible for the ongoing handling & maintenance of armament systems, weapons and equipment at either flightline or workshop level, ensuring that all work, including repairs, are performed according to prescribed maintenance manuals, service bulletins, company policy and government regulations.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract)
- Responsible for aircraft flightline handling and replenishment, inspection, removal and installation of aircraft armament systems.
- Performs disassembly and reassembly of aircraft components, preparation and use of aircraft support equipment, manufacture and repair of armament based electrical looms, and identification and demanding of aircraft spares.
- Performs inspection, maintenance, servicing, repair test and fault diagnosis of electronic and mechanical armament components and systems, and associated explosive ordnance and other weaponry.
- Responsible for expeditious return to service on all aircraft maintenance performed.
- Ensures maintenance standards are maintained to customer standards for aircraft readiness alert status.
- Provides mentorship to customer when required.
- Performs other qualified duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge of supported aircraft and associated weapons.
- Ability to communicate fluently in the English language.
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics associated with armament troubleshooting and repair.
- Basic knowledge of various computer applications such as Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook).
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum three years’ experience required on AH64 and 6I weapons.
- Experience required on lubrication, disassembly, inspection, and repair of all supported weapons systems.
- Experience performing hands on maintenance and mentorship and direction in all respected armament systems associated with the aforementioned aircraft configurations.
- OEM certification to remove, repair, and overhaul unserviceable weapons systems.
- Specific education directly associated with AH64 and 6I weapons systems preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including working in extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
- Must be able to lift 90 pounds to waste level and 75 pounds to shoulder height.
- Varies by assignment.