Primary Location: UNITED STATES-ALABAMA-ANDALUSIA
Security Clearance: None
The Business Manager is responsible for support of various aspects of program management and business administration activities to ensure timely and cost effective accomplishments of contractual commitments. The general scope of this position includes overseeing functions and personnel within Human Resources, Financial Analysis, Contract Administration Support, Accounting and Budgeting functions, and ensuring compliance with contract requirements.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract)
- Establish program procurement and property control policies and provide management oversight of all procurement, subcontract, and property control functions.
- Ensure program is in compliance with contract requirements and company policy and procedures.
- Develop and maintain program and associated financial models including but not limited to Estimates-at-Completion (EAC) and budgets for assigned departments. Prepare the Program Operating Budget, budget reports, and various financial performance reports as requested. Respond to internal and external inquires of financial data and audits.
- Analyze contract performance to provide variances for bid, budget, schedule, risk and forecast.
- Prepare and review employees Foreign Service Agreements (FSA) and other various contract modifications as needed to ensure the proposed compensation is IAW the proposed labor category.
- Review and authorize billing invoices and ensures payment is received timely. Review and approve expense reports.
- Conduct cost, schedule, contract performance, variance and risk analysis.
- May oversee Human Resources, IT, Payroll, and/or Facilities support, depending on contract assignment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR), and accounting principles.
- Knowledge of human resource laws preferred, especially concerning assigned location.
- Knowledge of accounting that includes spreadsheets and relational database programs.
- Strong analytical skills to oversee total operations of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Working knowledge of applicable government accounting practices.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office applications, to include strong Excel and financial modeling skills.
- Strong business acumen, with an ability to understand financial and operational reporting and translate into actionable items.
- Strong working knowledge of PeopleSoft software applications.
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers to achieve best quality, price and delivery of goods and services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Experience & Education
- BS degree in Accounting , Finance, or related field; Combination equivalent of education and experience may be substituted.
- Eight (8) to Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, finance, payroll, and/or human resources combined in the defense services industry or comparable commercial industry.
- Three (3) or more year’s previous experience managing a government contract.
- Additional experience and education may be required by contract and will be listed separately.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Typically works in normal office environment.
- Varies by assignment.