Primary Location: UNITED STATES-ALABAMA-ANDALUSIA
Security Clearance: None
The User Tech Support Specialist Senior ensures proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks, including receiving, prioritizing, documenting and resolving end user help requests. Oversees work of User Tech Support Specialists.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract)
- Consults with management to determine goals, time frame, procedures and staffing requirements.
- Reviews requirements, specifications and documentation to gain thorough understanding of programs and processes.
- Participates in the planning, installation, implementation, upgrade, problem determination and resolution involving software programs.
- Ensures problem ownership and promotes end-user satisfaction.
- Develops standard computer configurations to meet DynCorp Intl business needs.
- Backs up files as required and responds to management request for information.
- Write and maintain reports to update management of relevant information. Keeps first line management up to status on a regular basis
- Interfaces with and supports clients in the operation of the automated systems.
- Ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and other practices set fourth by upper management directives to maintain DI standards.
- Tracks activities of team members to who tickets were assigned.
- Assigns passwords and monitors uses of resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong understanding of computer software.
- Good communication skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products or similar software packages
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline. Two (2) years’ experience in related field may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college.
- Two (2) years’ experience working as a User Tech Support/Help Desk Specialist.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Works in office environment.
- Not required.