Job type: Contract
Category: Stores Jobs
Main purpose of Role
To ensure the smooth running of the stores department, responsible for goods in, inventory control including storage and the safe, efficient and timely delivery of inventory to production areas.
Health and Safety Requirements
Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment and ensuring the well-being and Health and Safety of all team members to include
* Fully cooperate with your employer in the interests of health and safety
* Prepare and Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
* Carry out Tool box talks and Health & Safety briefings to the workforce on a regular basis.
* Keep up to date with current legislation and pass on information to the workforce.
* Identify training requirements of all team members and yourself.
* Review and update the Training Register.
* Monitor and maintain Health & Safety registers (COSHH, Tools & Equipment etc.)
* Control the use and requirement for Work areas, PPE, Tools and Equipment.
* Check and monitor work areas (check cleanliness and area condition report any damage to Line Manager)
* Monitor & report any sick leave and carry out return to work interviews
Key Objectives / Accountability
* Manage the stores team, promoting a structured approach to ensure all tasks and activities required are completed within the allocated time frames.
* Ensure that all stores records are diligently maintained and that business management reports are available as and when required. This to include value, volume and usage reporting.
* Develop and maintain a perpetual stock take plan and culture as well as managing the annual stock take.
* Support the procurement team in maintaining product file data to ensure systems are up to date and accurate.
* Develop current KPIs to ensure that stores activities are aligned and measured against business requirements and drive improvements.
* Drive Continuous Improvement and Lean methodology within the stores team and their activities and engage with the production leads to actively promote Continuous Improvement within the overall business culture.
* Key contributor to the business' inventory strategy with full responsibility to ensure the required stock levels are maintained in the most cost effective manner for the business.
* Responsible for determining the most efficient storage solutions for inventory and delivery mechanisms to the production areas.
* Responsible for ad hoc transportation when there is an urgent requirement.
* Responsible for recording and resolving receipting issues relating to incorrect trade receipts or exchange of goods due to Quality issues at point of receipt.
* Responsible for the management of the warranty returns process.
* Responsible for the management of free issue equipment including any tracking requirements.
* Dependent on business requirements the person occupying this role may be expected to temporarily deploy to other areas within the Supply Chain function, to undertake activity commensurate with their level, capability and functional skill at the discretion of the Senior Management Team.
* Experience of Stores or Warehousing management
* Experience of working in an automotive / engineering environment