Salary: £50.00 - £60.00 per hour
Job type: Contract
Category: Systems Engineer Jobs
RF Systems Architect / Designer
Morson have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Systems Architect to join a leading European defence company on an initial 6-month contract at their Stevenage office. This site specialises in the development of advanced weapon systems for the defence industry, so the role would be ideally suited to someone with a background in designing complex electronics for guided weapon system sensors or related defence products.
Please see below for details:
Pay Rate: £50.00 - £60.00 per hour LTD
Duration: 6 Months
Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
As a Radio Frequency Systems Architect, your role will encompass the definition, architecting and design of high bandwidth, high frequency radios; including low noise amplifiers, high power amplifiers, frequency synthesisers based on multiple technologies, filters and the design of interfaces to software defined radio circuits based on digital and FPGA circuitry. These designs must operate in harsh environments (vibration, shock, thermal, etc.)
The role demands close working with Systems Teams, Firmware & Software developers, Digital Electronics Designers and with other related teams such as Component Engineering, PCB Design/Layout, Mechanical Engineering, manufacturing and others.
International travel e.g. France, Italy may be required.
* Proven ability to design complex RF Electronics including Receive & Transmit amplifier chains, filters and frequency synthesisers, from first principles both at block diagram level and at component level in the 10Mhz to 30GHz+ range.
* Must be able to demonstrate ability to define frequency and level plans.
* Familiarity and experience of design to meet EMC & RF compliance.
* Knowledge or proven experience in the design & development of Software Defined Radio (SDR) would be advantageous.
* A good understanding of the complete product development process for defence products.
* Skilled in the use of RF design software (such as ADS, CST, AWR, HFSS, MATLAB & Simulink).
* Proven hands-on prototyping skills & evidence of the use of both standard and complex RF Test Equipment.
* Likely to be degree qualified in RF Electronics or a closely related subject.
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* Excellent verbal communication, negotiation and influencing skills
* The capability to write clear and concise engineering documentation.
* The pro-activeness, motivation, ability and tenacity to deliver, or support the delivery, of quality products on time and to cost.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: We seek a RF Systems Engineer who has ideally worked in an Aerospace or Defence environment in the UK within the last 12 months, or who is capable of obtaining UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.