Primary Location: UNITED STATES-MARYLAND-NAVAL AIR STATION PAT
Security Clearance: Secret
The Personnel Assistant I performs a variety of general personnel clerical tasks in such areas as employee records, benefits, education, training, employment/staffing, compensation, employee labor relations, and equal employment opportunity/affirmative action.
- May conduct surveys and update manual and automated personnel records.
- Perform various human resource tasks throughout compensation, benefits, staffing/employment, EEO procedures and policy administration.
- May be required to operate general office equipment such as: typewriter, personal computer, copier, adding machine, and facsimile.
- Perform other job related duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Basic knowledge of various office software packages.
- Ability to operate office machines.
- Possess a valid US State driver's license.
- Ability to read and interpret data is required.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to obtain a Government flight line driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
Experience & Education
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Previous office experience, preferably in Human Resources preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- May work in Aircraft maintenance hangar or outside.
- May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- May vary by location.