The Composite Fitter will report to the Production Manager and is responsible for working and producing Composite products to the company design and manufacturing designs and procedures. This position executes work whilst complying to the CMM’s when working on repair and overhaul projects. The Composite Fitter works directly with Mac’s production team to provide high quality, specifically engineered products.
Scope of responsibilities
- Produce parts to a high-quality standard within strict tolerances of engineering drawings.
- Working with materials such as composite honeycomb panels, metal and Corian.
- Performing various manufacturing techniques such as bonding, void filling, routing and assembling.
- Work within the guidelines of AS9100, CAA regulations and inhouse process specifications.
- Work within the guidelines of the manuals and governed company practices.
- Ensure suitable tooling and equipment to undertake work tasks.
- Produce accurate parts/panels and monuments within the allotted time scales.
What we offer
- Opportunity to work in one of the most attractive and fast-growing global industries in the world – Aviation.
- Exciting career, personal development and networking opportunities.
- A great team of diverse backgrounds.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment would be desirable.
- Be able to work on own and use initiative whilst producing components.
- Able to work to tight schedules and deadlines with multiple priorities.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Working on your own initiative as well as in a team.
- Honesty, integrity and reliability.
- Desire to develop both new and existing skills.