Atlantic Flight Training Academy are recruiting for full-time flight instructors. We are looking for both inexperienced as well as experienced Flight Instructors.
AFTA operate a large fleet of G1000, R and S Cessna 172 aircraft and Piper PA34 aircraft training domestic and international cadets for some of the world’s largest airlines, including Ryanair.
We provide our Flight Instructors with a clear and consistent career path as there is room to grow and progress to IRI & CRI positions within AFTA. The opportunity also exists to progress to a First Officer / Training position within Ryanair after the successful completion of 2 year’s service.
• Flight, flight simulation and Ground tuition – Delivering instruction to students and completing the associated paperwork and record keeping.
• Monitoring student progress, carrying out student reviews, providing constructive feedback, making sure flying standards are adhered to and being available if an issue arises.
• Ensuring that training is conducted in accordance with the approved syllabi.
• Maintaining a proactive approach to Health & Safety and acting upon any safety information or instructions in relation to flight operations and regulations as advised by the IAA and AFTA HT.
• Ensuring that student welfare and discipline is monitored at all times.
• Having a cheerful, authoritative, skilful manner and leading by example in both dress and behaviour
• Maintaining full and accountable records for AFTA management.
• Ensuring that all company policies, procedures and manuals and statutory regulations are being adhered to.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES / QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of CPL/MEIR FI (A) is required,
- CRI (A) IRI (A) is an advantage for more Senior positions
- ICAO English level 5 or 6 required
- EASA License
- EEA Passport and/or Employment Visa to work in Ireland
- Current Medical Certificate
- Knowledge of Aeronautical Legislation, rules (EU FEI / OPS / Sols etc.).
- Knowledge of EASA PART-ORA, ATO Manuals, ATPL theory subjects and practice is required along with knowledge of aircraft and the aviation industry
- Strong problem-solving skills and works well under pressure
- Flexible approach with a student / customer-oriented outlook
- Ability to get on with and inspire young pilots, giving recognition for good work.
- Strong Communications skills with a natural ability to actively listen as well as speak and demonstrate clearly
- Highly organized and disciplined with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-starter with efficient work methods required with analytical & problem solving skills a distinct advantage