Salary: Up to £32.00 per hour
Job type: Contract
Category: Design Engineer Jobs
CAD Designer (CATIA)
Morson have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Catia Designer to join a leading Aerospace manufacturer on an initial 6-month contract at their Stevenage office. This site specialises in the design and manufacture of advanced satellites & communication systems for civil and military use, so would ideally suit someone with a background in designing Spacecraft or Aircraft components.
Please see below for details:
Pay Rate: £32.00 per hour LTD
Duration: 6 Month Contract
As a CAD Designer, you will be responsible for maintaining a high degree of CAD competence utlising Catia V5 expertise for Spacecraft design & accommodation; including detailed design within an engineering group or project team environment.
* To provide good engineering design support on bids, studies & project work.
* To liaise with internal & external customers in the product groups & business units.
* To be an integral part of a small team of Design Engineers supporting a Principal Designer.
* To work within a concurrent engineering project team reporting to the MDO (Mechanical Design Office) group leader.
* To liaise with stress, thermal & mechanical sub-system groups & having a good appreciation of their work.
* Carry out DMU design accommodation activities given a detailed top-level requirement specification with little or no guidance.
* Responsible for the creation, control, correctness & accuracy of all drawings, models, Digital Mock Up (DMU), bills of materials & engineering change notes as related to the configured items for allocated project(s) to cost & schedule.
* Ensuring all outputs from the MDO is correct to the project requirements as stated by the core team (generally the Mechanical Architect/ Responsible Engineer).
* All the project DO outputs must be checked, signed & stamped by the MDO lead design engineer to the checklists & CATIA procedures.
* Administer the release of drawings, BOM's & ECO's related to the allocated project.
* Provide support to other general DO activities, e.g. Process improvements, bids etc
* Catia V5 3D Modelling and 2D Drafting (Essential)
- Experience must be current or no less recent than six months
* Strong Engineering & Technical Background
* Mechanical Engineering Background
* Appreciation of Structural Requirements
* Understanding of General DO Practices
* Experience of VPM/3DCOM and Configuration PDM Tools
* Experience of Aerospace Design
- Previous experience of Antenna Detail Design (GD&) would be advantageous
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: We seek a CAD Designer who has ideally worked in an Aerospace or Defence environment in the UK within the last 12 months, or who is capable of obtaining Baseline Security Clearance (BPSS).