ALG has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Electronic & Systems Design Engineer to work for our reputable client based in Brisbane region. Our client is a worldwide leader in aviation, with ongoing developments and expansion in both defence and commercial sectors of the industry.
This is a permanent position that presents full-time business working hours. Further to excellent career opportunities within the organisation, a competitive industry salary package will be offered alongside excellent work life balance.
Some of the key areas of responsibility are:
- Work with key stakeholders to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Analyse and translate requirements into system, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Monitor supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Trouble shoot and solve problems and provide other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
- Research specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
To be successful for this role, you will require the following attributes:
- Degree Qualification: In relevant discipline (Science/Engineering/Computer Science/Mathematics/Physics or Chemistry) with the 5 years' experience, Master's Degree with 3 years' experience or PhD degree with any relevant experience.
- Ability to obtain registration as a Professional Engineer of Queensland (PREQ).
- Sound 7 years of working knowledge of aircraft armament systems within the maintenance or engineering environment.
- Working experience of DASR framework.
- Complete knowledge of programming languages (Java/ Java 2 Enterprise and mobile editions, C++, Visual Basic, C, Assembly, Ladder Logic, NC programming, Matlab).
- Sound working knowledge of EMI and EMC.
- Ability to obtain Australian defence security clearance to a level of Negative Vetting 1.
- Full working rights in Australia, and the ability to be based in Brisbane Region.
If you address the above criteria, and wish to be considered, please APPLY NOW. For further information, please contact Santiago or Sune at our Brisbane Head Office on 07 3860 4747, Monday to Friday, 8:30 - 17:00 (AEST).