Salary: Up to £280 per day
Location: Saudi Arabia
Job type: Contract
Sector: Military & Defence
Category: Aerodynamics Engineer Jobs
Morson International are currently recruiting an Inertial Navigation Systems Technician for our client based in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
To test, inspect, trouble-shoot and repair the sub units of navigation systems including:
- Laser Inertial Navigation System (LINS)
- Inertial Navigation Unit (IN)
- Enhanced Secondary Attitude Heading Reference (ENSAHR)
- Secondary Attitude Heading Reference (SAHR)
- Upgraded Main Computer (UMC)
- Main Computer (MC)
- Weapon and Navigation control unit
- Service and Maintain Squadron CPGS and GPLU equipment.
- Carry out Standard Serviceability Tests (SST) and or Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP) as required, on all Line Replaceable Units (LRU) designated in the Shop Chiefs Handbook.
- High level of competence in the use of both computer controlled test stations and manually operated test sets. Familiarity in the use of a broad range of general-purpose electronic test equipment is also necessary.
- Able to troubleshoot defects by use of circuit diagrams, schematic layouts, wiring schedules, diagnostic measurement and other technical documentation.
- Carry out the required procedures to correct the defective equipment.
- Correctly implement all maintenance policies and procedures for repair relating to the aforementioned equipment.
- Identify recurring defects and recommend corrective action using Material Deficiency Reports or other suitable means.
- Devise and suggest improved maintenance and operating procedures to enhance utilisation of both manpower and equipment assets.
- Can carry out the required rectification of LRU equipment by replacement of sub module or individual component replacement.
- This will require understanding of the diagrams and instructions regarding dis assembly, assembly, adjustment, calibration and other tasks required to bring the unit to a serviceable state.
- The use of hand tools on delicate assemblies which may also require specialist anti-static procedures.
- A high level of proficiency in soldering techniques is required.
- Carry out on the job training.
- maintenance tasks to the standards laid out in the master training guide for this speciality.
- Carry out various routine administrative and supply tasks as directed to facilitate the smooth operation of the work area in support of the task.
- Be fully conversant with all aspects of the Navigation and Computing workshop activity.
- Extensive Tornado avionics workshop experience essential.
- TSP ANAC HOT rig, LINS and FTEF equipment experience.
- Must have demonstrated a capacity for rapid and accurate fault diagnosis of the Navigation and Computing suite of equipment.
- Have the ability to communicate well and effectively with other people.