Primary Location: AFGHANISTAN-OCONUS-KABUL
Security Clearance: NAC-I
The R/W A&P Mechanic performs all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance requirements on MD 530F helicopter including launch and recovery operations in support of all flights. Conducts OJT duties as directed by the OJT Lead trainer
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance, repair, and replace aircraft structures, such as blades, fuselage, and functional components including rigging, flight controls, plumbing and hydraulics as required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition.
- Assist with jacking and towing of aircraft, uses hand tools, power tools, machines, and other aviation ground support equipment to conduct maintenance of assigned aircraft
- Perform On the Job training (OJT) utilizing the provided program courseware to members of the Afghanistan Air Force
- Read and interprets manufacturers’ maintenance manuals, service bulletins, technical data, engineering data, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing worn, malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Make entries on maintenance records with description of the work performed and verify the work was performed satisfactorily.
- Inspect all forms, records, and documents for completeness and accuracy IAW FAA, Military directives and all other applicable technical publications.
- Facilitate hands on instruction for AAF personnel as directed by the Lead Trainer.
- Coach and correct performance issues in order to facilitate learning.
- Other qualified duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Federal Aviation Administration certificated Airframe and Power Plant (A&P).
- Ability to transfer the knowledge of duties and responsibilities in such a manner (advice support and OJT training) to permit assimilation of the customer’s trainees.
- Ability to use respiratory protective equipment (RPE) and wear protective clothing and equipment (PCE) while performing duties involving access to chemical surety material.
- Ability to complete the MDH factory school in accordance with established directives and policies.
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associate’s degree, preferred.
- Recent experience within Afghanistan or with the Afghan culture preferred.
- Seven (7) more years’ experience in Army MOS or Air Force Maintenance Specialty Code or equivalent civilian experience in aircraft or rotary wing maintenance.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Location of duty is Afghanistan.
- Living conditions may be cramped and substandard compared to western (US) standards.
- May be required to perform duties at remote and austere locations.
- Must be able to withstand extreme temperatures and environments while working in field conditions.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds to waist level and 30 pounds to shoulder height.
- Must meet all medical and deployment requirements established by CENTCOM, ISAF and DynCorp International.
- 10 – 15%
- Travel to austere or inhospitable high stress environments will be required.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.