UNITED STATES-MARYLAND-ANDREWS AFB
Security Clearance: Secret
Responsible for support of highly sensitive HQ USAF operational plans and safe air transportation for Cabinet Members, senior military leaders, and visiting foreign dignitaries.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance, to include repairs, modifies aircraft structures, structural components and engines of complex to extreme difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components, and applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as; blue prints and manufactures manuals.
- Work typically requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of complex electrical systems.
- Accomplishes inspections including, but not limited to preflight, thru-flight, basic post-flight, and phase inspections. Launches and recovers aircraft as required.
- Performs operational checks of all aircraft systems and maintains aircraft appearance and cleanliness.
- Operates all associated ground support equipment and uses hand tools, special tools, and fixtures applicable to aircraft.
- Performs all tasks associated with ground movement of aircraft.
- Annotates maintenance actions in aircraft records/forms and completes associated CAMS entries.
- Practices good housekeeping, tool control, FOD awareness and prevention and safety at all times.
- Performs other duties related to the occupational field as assigned to include TDY and travel.
- Must be able to work day shift, swing shift, night shift, and/or weekend shift as required.
- Become proficient to perform maintenance in three classifications (aircraft general, jet engines, and pneudraulics) through CUT.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of the use of aircraft hand tools, special tools, and test equipment is required.
Experience & Education
- A minimum of eight years working knowledge of aircraft maintenance operations is required.
- Must have a working knowledge of aircraft safety requirements and know how to operate portable fire fighting equipment.
- The ability to read, interpret, and comprehend schematic diagrams, drawings, charts, and technical publications are required.
- Must possess an FAA A&P certificate.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance and flightline driver’s license.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment