Salary: Up to £0.00 per annum + Competitive
Location: Milton Keynes
Job type: Contract
Sector: Project Management
Category: Project Manager Jobs
Morson has an exciting opportunity for a IT/IS Project Manager to work with a major aerospace company based in Milton Keynes.
A project manager within the SCIS Programme will validation of verification of the work for IS change projects and then lead their implementation. Carrying out all activities to cost, schedule and quality requirements by effective management of the assigned project team members drawn from across the Programme. Such members having diverse skills sets such as software development, architects, network engineers, DBAs and System Engineers etc. There will also be close liaison with the MoD customer and Partner / Supplier companies.
In order to be successful an individual must be enthusiastic, hands on in their approach and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as agile thinking skills. They must be confident, and good interpersonal skills are essential given the interaction with colleagues at all levels as well as representing our client to MoD, Partners and Suppliers.
The Project Manager role demands a high level of commercial acumen, customer focus and people management skills along with proven scheduling, cost management and quality control capabilities.
The measurements of success in the role are on time delivery, to cost and quality requirements of assigned proposals and implementations together with positive customer feedback.
Specific Responsibilities are to;
- Be the primary point of contact with the MoD for a bid or contracted change along with ownership of the project scope, budget, objectives and deliverables.
- To estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals and to manage project development from inception to completion following SCIS project processes for project execution, management and reporting.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion and to identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Interact and manage third party suppliers in conjunction with the Supplier Management team.
- Negotiate with other department managers for the requisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Identify and actively manage opportunities, risks and issue to ensure effective resolution.
- Produce progress and status reports and use trend, earned value and variance analysis
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise and execute contingency plans
Essential Skills -
-Ideally degree qualified
-Essential that the candidate has substantial Project Management experience; ideally holding a recognised project management accreditation i.e. PRINCE 2, PMI/PMP, APMP with a proven track record of successful delivery of complex Information Services projects
-ITIL knowledge is essential and qualifications desirable
-Experience of managing Information Services implementation projects in the Defence, MoD or government is essential
-Candidates should be fully competent in MS project
Due to the nature of work undertaken, applicants will be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level. Incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens.