Zenon is delighted to be commissioned by one of the UK’s Premier FBO & Maintenance Repair Organisations to source a of Purchasing Manager on a permanent basis for their facilities based in Stansted.
Reporting to Senior Management you will be responsible for the efficient and effective running of the Purchasing department and team as well as the management of suppliers to ensure timely delivery of materials within budgetary requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:-
• Ensure timely purchase and delivery of a wide range of aircraft parts and materials in line with operational procedures and at the most competitive price
• Implement strategic supply chain plans to support long term business goals and continually improve purchasing methods in a bid to drive down external spend
• Develop, implement and improve policies and procedures for Materials Purchasing, Freight, handling and control of materials
• Ensure adherence to approved supplier requirements and measure and feedback on supplier performance with suppliers driving improvement plans where needed
• Liaise with other departments and customers on all matters relating to materials and parts
• Ensure compliance with the Company Quality, Health and Safety and the environmental policies
• Maintain inventory levels within approved guidelines
• Resolve and investigating supply chain errors and examine via root cause analysis
• Identify new suppliers including discount structures and volume rebates
• Continually review the Purchasing function and its methodology and identify and implement operational improvements
• Ensure the highest level of service is provided and maintained for both internal and external customers
• Ensure stringent material controls are in place to ensure company targets are met with regards to spend, inventory levels, usage, scrap etc.
• Create and implement policies and procedures for Materials Purchasing and ensuring these are understood and adhered to
• Monitor the MSS data reports and ensure a system is in place to answer any queries raised by Customs and Excise with issues rectified within 2 months as directed by Customs and Excise
• Provide line management to purchasers and drivers
• Schedule driver deliveries on a daily basis in line with business requirements
• Ensure the ongoing management and development of all team members
• Out of hours AOG support as and when required
Why Choose Zenon Aviation?
In the ever changing and dynamic market place, Zenon Aviation knows that the support and care we provide to candidates is vital in assisting you in achieving your career aspirations. Our team of dedicated consultants will deal with you application efficiently and more importantly confidentially, providing a professional and reliable service.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to us in confidence.
Alternatively, for a confidential call with our Recruitment Manager Kevin Small, please phone the office
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence and unless you hear from us within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Only candidates with the right to work within the EU will be considered.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Minimum Skills and Experience:-
• Demonstrable experience in a similar role in a purchasing environment within manufacturing industry
• Computer literate with experience in ERP software and Microsoft Office
• Excellent organisational and communication skills
• Experience implementing ERP and MRP tools
• Familiarity with supply chain and inventory management systems
• Experience of implementing; KPIs and continuous improvement processes
• Experience of negotiating long term supplier agreements
• Proven track record of supplier relationship management experience
• Strong blend of experience between ‘hands on’ operational procurement and strategic planning
• Strong communication and influencing skills
• Full Clean UK Driving Licence