Primary Location: UNITED STATES-MARYLAND-PATUXENT RIVER
Security Clearance: Secret
The Maintenance Control Supervisor provides daily oversight of all functional and operational activities in maintenance control of aircraft, and assists the Senior Maintenance Control Manager with daily operations. Assists in the operations of the maintenance departments per the CNAFINST 4790.2 series.
- Defines and assigns responsibilities by shift, functions, and operations per directives.
- Ensures full and effective employment of assigned personnel.
- Develops and maintains preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensures all work is scheduled and performed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Organizes the daily tasks and initiates the priorities to the work center supervisors.
- Provides management with data, in graphic and narrative form, necessary to make qualitative decisions about aircraft, equipment, test bench, SE, material condition, readiness, utilization, maintenance workload, and upcoming workloads are identified.
- Reviews NALCOMIS Reports and ADBs for accuracy, completeness, and content to meet the daily workload.
- Ensures the oil consumption has been reviewed for each engine/gearbox prior to every flight (as required).
- Updates aircraft W&B and configuration for each flight as applicable.
- Ensures aircraft are scheduled for inspections at the interval specified in the applicable MRCs. Reviews ADB to ensure all downing discrepancies and all flight safety QA inspections are signed off and a valid daily/turnaround inspection is completed.
- Ensures aircraft are properly configured for mission flight(s) IAW the fight schedule.
- Assists with planning meetings in advance of each phase inspection.
- Assists in the input of required data for the Monthly Maintenance Plan (MMP).
- Assists in the determination of properly assigned cannibalization actions and approval requests. Conducts regular review and control of assigned AWM.
- Coordinates and works closely with Projects to ensure total maintenance accountability is maintained and directed from Maintenance control.
- Schedules and holds periodic planning and informational meetings.
- Ensures all direct report employees and maintenance employees receive job and safety training. May be required to go on detachment.
- Release aircraft safe for flight.
- Performs other duties as assigned
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11246 Prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, or national origin and requires affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees treated, without regard to race, sex, color, genetic information, religion, or national origin. (Enforcement Agency: U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs).
Knowledge & Skills
- Have a full understanding of project government “pink sheet” requirements and how they interface with the daily maintenance tasks.
- Must have a strong knowledge of scheduled tracking systems to ensure tracking and compliance of all scheduled maintenance is accomplished IAW instructions.
- Requires extensive technical knowledge of aircraft, machinery, facilities and equipment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude in order to offer technical direction in all maintenance areas. Understands technical language terms in associated field.
- Knowledge and understanding of the CNAFINST 4790.2 series.
- Ability to interact effectively with personnel at all organizational levels.
- Knowledge of computerized maintenance programs (NALCOMIS)
- Must be familiar with the individual aircraft FAD status and provide appropriate oversight and initiate supply priority and project codes.
- Knowledge of Safe working techniques and procedures.
- Ability to plan and schedule maintenance work requirements.
- Requires working technical knowledge of aircraft, machinery, facilities and equipment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude in order to offer technical direction in all maintenance areas.
- Understand technical language terms in associated field.
- Able to obtain a security clearance if required by the contract.
- Knowledge and mastery of Microsoft Business Suite
Experience & Education
- Minimum of a High School Degree with eight (8) or more years military aircraft maintenance experience.
- Previous lead or supervision experience with two (2) years management experience preferred.
- Experience with six sigma tools preferred
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must have normal color perception.
- Ability to work under pressure and continuously meet deadlines.
- Work in austere environments
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs. and on occasion heavier items
- Must be able and willing to travel on Detachment. (TDY)