On behalf of client, an aviation maintenance, repair, overhaul, storage and reclamation company in Arizona, we are recruiting a Component Services Lead to be based in Marana.
To lead functions assigned in the repair and overhaul of aircraft components and flight controls.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures that all work performed complies with applicable technical data, FAA regulations and Company policies and procedures.
- Works closely with immediate supervisor as well as Production Control Booth Coordinator to keep them informed on actual work progress in areas of responsibility.
- Performs assigned maintenance work involved in the repair and overhaul of aircraft components including disassembly, repair, inspection, evaluation, adjustment, assembly, testing and calibration of aircraft components.
- Reads and interprets manufacturers’ and airlines’ maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Completes required forms recording pertinent data relating to a particular component that is processed through the shop.
- Performs orientation and on-the-job training for employees. Ensures that training is documented in employee training records
- Enforces company policies and safety regulations and the proper use of equipment and ensures that quality standards are met
- Coordinates activities of workers including assigning work duties for maximum utilization of manpower and analyzing and resolving work problems.
- Maintains communications within area of responsibility, informing employees as to plans and progress and promoting teamwork and cooperation.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Maintains Component Overhaul technical library.
- Tracks time spent on each work order and ensures the time is logged on time
- card correctly.
- Makes recommendations to management to improve productivity, increase
- efficiencies, or cut costs.
- Performs duties of Director of Component Services in his/her absence.
- Performs maintenance duties away from base on temporary duty.
- Performs maintenance work such as repair and maintenance of company equipment and shop housecleaning
Duties not listed within the position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of the department management. Job functions may vary due to irregular working conditions or multiple shift positions.
- One-year experience as a Component Overhaul Technician or three years’ experience as an Aircraft Mechanic with bench experience preferred.
- A&P License required. Current valid Arizona driver’s license with clear driving record for past three years required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Post-secondary education or training in aircraft maintenance or equivalent combination of education, training or experience required.
- Ability to organize and plan work adhering to deadlines; attention to detail and mathematical skills; ability to read, write, and understand the English language and to follow and administer verbal and written instruction; ability to interpret and apply technical data; ability to safely drive and operate a standard shift automotive vehicle and other applicable equipment; ability to work without supervision.