On behalf of client, an aviation maintenance, repair, overhaul, storage and reclamation company in Arizona, we are recruiting an HR Director.
To provide overall development, direction and coordination to Recruiting and Human Resources policies and programs for the entire company including organizational planning, organization development, departmental operations, employment, orientation, management training, employee relations, compensation, benefits, and employee services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the overall direction and operational management of the following departments: Human Resources, Payroll and Recruiting.
- Formulates and recommends Human Resources policies and objectives for the entire company.
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the Human Resources function. Monitors exposure of the company.
- Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance. Approves all information submitted. Acts as primary contact with labor counsel and outside government agencies.
- Protects interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations. Approves recommendations for terminations. Reviews employee appeals through complaint procedures.
- Directs a process of organizational planning that evaluates structure, job design, and manpower forecasting throughout the company. Coordinates activities across division lines. Evaluates plans and changes to plans. Makes recommendations to senior management.
- Directs a process of organizational development that primarily addresses succession planning throughout the company. Coordinates activities across division lines. Evaluates plans and changes to plans.
- Implements and approves wage and salary structure, pay policies, performance appraisal programs, employee benefit programs and services. Monitors for effectiveness and cost containments.
- Establishes standard recruiting and placement practices and procedures. Reviews variances to schedules. Interviews executive-level candidates.
- Establishes in-house management training programs that address company needs.
- Defines all Human Resources programs, and authority/responsibility of Human Resources and line management within those programs. Provides necessary education and materials to line management and employees.
- Oversees implementation of programs through Human Resources staff. Identifies opportunities and resolves discrepancies.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are necessary to carry out functions of department. Prepares periodic reports to top management, as necessary or requested.
- Keeps supervisors informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of objectives, and those which are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
- Develops and recommends budget, authorizes expenditures, and approves budget and expenses of the department.
- Develops short- and long-range operating objectives, organizational structure, and staffing requirements.
- Ensures that the duties, responsibilities, and authority of each job are clearly defined, effective, and communicated to incumbents.
- Ensures that management training and development needs are identified, and programs initiated.
- Ensures that qualified personnel are selected and that the orientation and on-the-job training programs are conducted and effective.
- Develops an adequate plan for backup of management and other key personnel.
- Monitors performance of subordinates. Provides prompt and objective coaching and counseling. Completes and reviews performance appraisals ensuring that they are administered effectively.
- Ensures that a positive employee relations position is maintained promoting teamwork and cooperation. Ensures that the Company’s management principles, policies, and programs are consistently practiced. Approves personnel actions such as hires, promotions, transfers, discharges and disciplinary measures.
- Ensures that effective communications are maintained within areas of responsibility. When appropriate, informs employees as to plans and progress. Conducts employee discussion sessions at regular and frequent intervals.
- Ensures that the necessary coordination within areas of responsibility is taking place. Analyzes and resolves work problems and remains available for consultation of matters relating to work being performed.
- Consults with all levels of management responsible for policy or action. Makes recommendations for improving effectiveness of policy or practices.
- Acts within scope of authority and consistent with company and corporate objectives, guidelines, policies, and practices and develops programs or procedures employing original ideas and methods as necessary.
- Ensures optimum performance of the Human Resources function. Implements techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, cut costs, take advantage of opportunities, and maintain state of the art practices.
- Oversees the company FAA Approved Drug and Alcohol plan.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Selects and coordinates use of Human Resources consultants, insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators, training specialists, labor counsel and other outside sources.
- Conducts a continuing study of all Human Resources policies, programs, and practices to keep the company abreast with current practices and informed on new developments.
- Coordinates with other departments/directors as necessary.
- Presents updates of departmental activities at management meetings.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Ensure that all work performed is done in a safe manner. Directs activities to protect employees from harm and maintain safe working conditions.
Duties not listed within the position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of the department management. Job functions may vary due to irregular working conditions or multiple shift positions.
- Ten to fifteen years’ experience gained through increasingly responsible management positions within Human Resources.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, Business Administration or related discipline or equivalent combination of education, training or experience required. Specialized training in organizational planning, compensation, and preventive labor relations preferred.
- Ability to organize and plan work adhering to deadlines; excellent communication skills including ability to read, write, and understand the English language and to follow and administer verbal and written instruction; ability to prioritize and delegate multiple work projects; ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization; excellent presentation skills and ability to favorably represent the company; excellent leadership, two-way communication, judgement, creativity, negotiation and conflict resolution skills; ability to adjust to rapidly changing circumstances and priorities; ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations; strong knowledge of human behavior and management techniques.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- May be required to work at both Marana, AZ and Tucson, AZ locations as business needs dictate.