On behalf of airline client in Thailand, we are recruiting a Director of Flight Operations.
The Director of Flight Operations is the nominated post holder acceptable to the CAAT and responsible for the flight operations. He or his deputy shall hold a valid Airline Transport Pilot License issued or validated by CAAT (Civil Aviation Authority Thailand).
The position reports to the Managing Director (Accountable Manager) and is the executive responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the company's policies and for direct supervision of the line operations. This involves implementing and maintaining whatever procedures necessary to ensure the smooth operation of all Flight Operations. Particularly determines all flight operational standards and
practices. Responsible for editing the Operations Manual, ensuring that it is kept up to date and includes all data necessary to comply with all relevant regulations and requirement and with the provision of the AOC.
- The formulation, administration and control of the Company’s flight operations policy relating to operating standards, flight safety and flight training and the development and promulgation of standard operating techniques and in-flight procedures so as to ensure a safe and efficient flight operations by the Company, in accordance with all statutory requirements at all times.
- Ensuring that, in liaison with the Director Ground Operations, Head of Training, Fleet Managers, Flight Safety Officer, and Continuing Airworthiness Manager, Company policy and procedures are promulgated in the Airline Operations Manuals, which define the Company Standard Operating Procedures to be followed.
- Liaison with the CAAT Flight Operations Inspectorate to ensure that all Company flight operations are conducted in accordance with the relevant CAAT regulations, applicable Regulations and Schedules, and within the terms of the Company's Air Operator's Certificate, and the maintenance of this Certificate and other required licenses and permits.
- Ensuring that the Chief Executive Officer is kept fully aware of legal, statutory and mandatory regulations applicable to flight operations, and making such recommendations as are appropriate for necessary improvements within the Flight Operations Department.
- The appointment, in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer, Director of HR of the Head of Training Flight Training Manager), and the satisfactory performance of his duties.
- Ensuring that the Company maintains the highest achievable standards of flight safety and efficiency by supporting industry and regulatory initiatives, the prompt closure of Compliance audit nonconformances, and the adoption of safety management practices within the Company.
- The efficient administration of the Flight Operations Department in all its aspects including staff performance, the discipline and management of pilots within the Company, and participation in the selection of operations, cockpit and cabin crew.
- Carrying out such other duties as may from time to time be assigned to him by the Chief Executive Officer.
- The collection and dissemination of information contained in airworthiness circulars and notices, and any other information affecting safety or regulation of flight operations
- The production of Operations Manuals amendments, including the promulgation of Notices to Aircrew.
- In conjunction with the Director Ground Operations, promoting a system of quality control in flight operations by the periodic inspection of returned flight documentation. Ensuring that any deficiencies found are brought to the attention of the crew members concerned, or, for more widespread deficiencies, appropriate Notices to Aircrew are issued. The maintenance of an internal audit procedure to ensure operational safety levels are maintained throughout.
- Overall responsibility for the safe and legal operation of the Airline FTL scheme. Rostering and day to day control of the operation of the Airline FTL scheme will be vested in the Director Ground Operations, but the Director Flight Operations retains overall accountability for its safe and legal operation. Review of all Commanders Discretion Reports (CDR’s), in conjunction with the Director Ground Operations, generated by the Company’s operation, the instigation of corrective action as necessary
- Monitoring the deployment of company pilots with special reference to recency requirements and validity of checks, tests and licenses, and liaison with the Head of Training on these matters.
- 15 years’ experience in Aviation / Airline industry
- Education to graduate level with an Aeronautical Engineering certificate preferable
- At least 5 years Operational management experience with proven qualification
- Experience working within a busy international airline
- Conversant with EASA and a previous post holder preferable
- A successful track record in Senior Management holding or having held an EASA ATPL.
- Experience in leading a multicultural workforce.
- Track record in managing change and delegating policies to achieve those changes.
- Must be acceptable to CAAT - Ops-Form 4 - Application for Nomination of AOC Personnel
- Holder of a current Boeing 767 Type Rating.
- Management, leadership and multi skilled
- Talent for motivating people and the ability to lead change
- Strategic thinker with a strong diagnostic mind
- Hands on with a can do' attitude
- Diplomatic with cultural awareness