On behalf of airline client in Thailand, we are recruiting an Acting Director of Maintenance & Engineering.
The Director of Maintenance & Engineering is the nominated post holder acceptable to the CAAT and is the execution leader for the Airline Fleet Technical Operations Center teams in the Airline operating environment. The holder of this position will have held previous assignments in operational leadership positions in airline technical areas such as Technical Services, Engineering or Maintenance/Technical Operations.
The Director of Technical (DT) shall report to Managing Director (MD) of the company in all matter in regarding to the overall maintenance activities and any discrepancy issues or finding.
- Make sure all personnel comply with work standards, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinates with other supervisors, leads, and managers to obtain maximum use of resources.
- Plans for manpower and equipment needs.
- Demonstrate leadership in improving operations, decreasing turnaround times, streamlining work processes, and providing quality customer service.
- Sets the highest ethical standards.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
- Motivates others to perform to their highest skill level.
- Must have strong organizational and effective communications skills.
- Must effectively and successfully interface with customer sources.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Establish and maintain a department and staff, able to provide the manpower, facilities, equipment’s and tools necessary to perform required level of work that meet the company’s aircraft maintenance and engineering requirements.
- Schedule Maintenance personnel to meet manpower requirements for the work to be performed safely, on time, and within allocated costs.
- Ensure the timely production of aircraft maintenance to meet operating schedule.
- Assure assigned personnel receive adequate documented maintenance training, and that proper procedures, methods and practices are adhered in the performance of their respective duties.
- Ensure Hangar and Line Maintenance facilities are maintained in a clean and orderly manner, and all line equipment’s and tools are maintained in a serviceable and working condition.
- Make periodic safety inspections of the working areas and take necessary steps to correct any discrepancy noted to ensure the safe productivity of all personnel and security of the company assets.
- Assure that all necessary and applicable work records and forms are current and properly executed by the responsible person.
- Ensure the proper handling, tagging and preservation of all units or parts during the repair process and after work is completed.
- Initiate requisitions for stock and material as required.
- Maintain liaison with Flight Operations to expedite maintenance and repair.
- Ensure that Flight Operations is advised of current and changing operational status of all aircraft.
- Develop budget requirements for both current operations and capital expenditures.
- Monitor aircraft appearance to assure passenger appeal.
- Review maintenance delays and system problem and take corrective actions toward improvement.
- Conduct meeting with his staff and Quality Control Manager regularly, in order to assure coordination between functional areas and to solve any discrepancy issue that reflect to the overall performance in the department.
- Establish department work standards, hours of work and shifts to be worked.
- Provide supervision and direction to assure that standards for work performance and material are maintained in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all incident and accidents involving injuries or aircraft damage are reported in accordance with this GMM.
- Assist the President in the evaluation of proposed new aircraft.
- Liaise with the Manufacturer, CAAT and ICAO as necessary on company’s maintenance matters.
- Coordinate with the QC Manager in establishing and maintaining a program for training of mechanics, inspectors and related maintenance personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Management, Business Administration or a related discipline required.
- 2 years’ experience in aviation maintenance or a related discipline.
- 15 years of aircraft maintenance experience.
- Must be acceptable to CAAT - Ops-Form 4 - Application for Nomination of AOC Personnel
CAAT Reference: Head of Engineering - He/she should have experience working in an engineering capacity in an airline or equivalent organization.