On behalf of airline client in Thailand, we are recruiting a Director of Corporate Safety & Security.
The Director of Corporate Safety & Security is the nominated post holder acceptable to the CAAT and is responsible for the identification and the assessment of safety and security concerns. He /She is responsible to the Accountable Manager for the implementation and control of the quality system within the company i.e. for the definition, implementation, compliance and monitoring of the appropriate procedures to comply with the airline’s quality policy. He / She reports directly to the
Accountable Manager. He / She must be acceptable to the Department of Civil Aviation and liaises with it regarding quality matters. The Director of Safety and Security is responsible for all Safety and Security operations and activity and associated resources. He / She prepares Safety and Security reports for the Accountable.
The Director of Corporate Safety and Security is responsible for:
- The identification and the assessment of safety and security concerns.
- Their transmission to the manager(s) in charge of the considered activities.
- The manager in charge of the considered activity is responsible for taking appropriate and practicable safety action(s) within a reasonable period of time that reflects the severity of the issue.
- Director of Corporate Safety and Security is the focal point and is responsible for the development, administration and maintenance of an effective safety management system.
- Co-ordinate with the regulatory authority's Mandatory Occurrence Reporting (MOR) scheme;
- Facilitate hazard identification and risk management.
- Manage the safety tools such as: The Reporting system, Flight Data Analysis system, Line Observations programme (Threat and Error Management).
- Alert the top Management concerned and if needed the CEO in case of the emergence of a non-acceptable risk.
- Transmit the safety information/results to the relevant manager(s).
- Ensure initiation and follow-up of internal occurrence investigations.
- Monitors the implementation of actions taken to mitigate risks.
- Aim at continuously improve the overall level of safety.
- Inform on the results of the safety management system and provides periodic reports on safety performance.
- Provide advice on safety matters and elements to managers and senior managers to help them to promote safety within the Airline organization.
- Ensure that there is safety management training available and that it meets acceptable standards.
- 5 years’ experience in Aviation / Airline industry
- At least 3 years Safety Management experience with proven qualification
- Conversant with EASA and a previous post holder preferable
- Must be acceptable to CAAT - Ops-Form 4 - Application for Nomination of AOC Personnel